death in group

Page 1 of 11
http://www.chronicle-express.com/news/20160725/body-on-walgreens-roof-identified
Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM
PENN YAN – Penn Yan Police have identified the man who died last week the roof of the Walgreen's Drug Store on the corner of Liberty and Elm Streets in Penn Yan. Police Chief Mark Hulse reports that Christopher A. Young, 54, of Farmington, was admitted to the roof of Walgreens by internal access Tuesday, July 19 to clean the roof drains. There he suffered a heart related incident and died. As an independent contractor hired by the Walgreens Corp., Hulse says no one at the store knew Young's name nor noticed when he did not come down from the roof. Young's unattended vehicle was later reported to police who attempted to contact him, but the connection to the man who went up on the roof was not made until store employees checked the store security video, and then discovered his body on the roof at 2:10 p.m. July 22. Young's name was withheld by police until his family had been notified. He lived alone with no one to report him missing. Hulse says Young had only a sister living near him, but it was not unusual for them to be out of touch for periods of time. Young's body was removed to Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital where the post mortem was performed by a local pathologist, Dr. Dean, who ruled the death to be by natural causes related to the heart. Local Walgreens store management referred all questions to Walgreen’s Corporation Media Relations Dept. personnel, who refused to comment.

July 19th to July 22nd. So he was a stinker in death just like he was in life.
On 08/04/2016 12:32 PM, misanthrope wrote:

And this *is* "our" Christopher A. Young?
Perce
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 4:29:49 PM UTC-4, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

See the other thread, a lot of evidence it is. Stormin's last post here wa s on July 19. The police say the person that died at Walgreens went to the roof on that day, to clean roof drains. That was the type of work that Stormin could have been doing, right? I know he lived in upstate NY, not sure where, but the death is in upstate. And someone tracked down the address of the person that died on google earth and verified it was a trailer, Stormin lived in a trailer.
In typed:

Yes, as you said, it appears to be true.
Very sad news. I always enjoyed his posts. He had a good sense of humor, posted some really clever stuff, and he genuinely tried to be helpful in his posts in response to others' questions.
Someone here had posted his possible/probable address in Farmington, NY and was looking for a "Street View" map of his address. I searched the address on BingMaps.com and it also showed a link for that address which was http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/ and that link referred to the kinds of things he did such as locksmithing, heating/refrigeration, etc. BingMaps.com has what is called a "Birds Eye" view setting that gives a good aerial view of his address.
I also looked up the address of the Walgreen's in the article ( 226 Liberty Street, Penn Yan, NY ) at BingMaps.com and did a Bird's Eye view of that Walgreen's.
Although there is no way to really be sure just from the news article, but I suspect that he did not suffer in his passing even though the article said that he was not found for a number of days. I say this based several factors. He apparently was up on a flat roof based on the Bird's Eye view of the property and got access from inside the Walgreen's. So, he was in an open space and not "stuck" somewhere. And, I assume that he had a cell phone. So, if he was conscious, but suffering in any way (chest pain, trouble breathing, dizziness, etc), he would have called 9-1-1. My guess is that is simply had a "cardiac event", such as what is sometimes called "sudden cardiac death" (and/or an episode of V-fib -- "ventricular fibrillation") which basically just causes someone to immediately pass out unconscious and, if not corrected/resolved, the person never wakes up. In other words, no suffering -- almost like falling asleep. I only mention this because in situations similar to this, people always wonder if the person was alone and suffering for a long time before dying. My guess is that he never even knew what happened, he just had an arrhythmia and immediately passed out unconscious and never woke up.
One of his last posts here that I was able to find was the following, which was an example of his good natured sense of humor that will be missed. He wrote:
SUBJECT: Danny D bettting Pool on refrigerator (July 13, 2016)
Some out there has to have experience running a betting pool. Will Danny D repair his refrigrator, or replace? What date? And will he choose the outcome, or will his wife issue an executive order?
My vote is: replace. June 21. By EO.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

+1
--
Pete Cresswell

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per TomR:

+1
--
Pete Cresswell

I second that and I am sorry to here that, Old group slowly disappearing????
TomR wrote: ...

do you think he's learning anything about Jesus now?
RIP
songbird
On 8/4/16 5:18 PM, TomR wrote:

Yes, RIP Christopher. Godspeed!

He's dead, if that's what you mean by "peace."

Gods peed? That's a weird thing to say.

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 4:39:18 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

he

"Upstate NY" constitutes a very large part of the state. I can see how from your perspective "not sure where" leaves a smidgen of doubt. Allow me to clear that up for y ou.
Being very familiar with the area in which Stormy lived based on clues he h as given over the years, I have no doubt that this is he. Farmington is one Thruway exit from Rochester and Penn Yan is about 35 miles farther south. There are lots of clues in Stormy's posts that he was from the Rochester area.
Lots of people commute from the Farmington (and even Penn Yan) area to work (and attend church) in Rochester. My travels take me to that part of NY qu ite often. This is he.
On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 13:39:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 wrote:

He often talked of being a locksmith and doing refrigeration. The area in NY state matches. The address will get you to a satillite view of a trailer park and he often said that was where he lived. http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/

http://www.local.com/business/details/farmington-ny/chris-youngs-lock-shop-15512350/
Chris Young's lock shop in Farmington certainly sounds like him:
Mobile service since 1986. Locksmith services: Repair or install locks. Rekey, recreate lost keys. Unlocking, too. Refrigeration and refrigerator repair. We repair freon devices such as refrigerators. Both household and commercial equipment. Air conditioning. We repair and install AC in homes and business. Low on freon? We can help.
Unless there's another Christopher Young in Farmington NY. I picked on him but I'll miss him.

Stormy, I know you will be remembered fondly by many members of this group. We will definitely miss you. God bless you.
On 8/4/2016 3:52 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

:(
--
Maggie

On 08/04/2016 08:22 PM, Muggles wrote:

Breaks my heart that he had to die alone. I hope the Lord sent an angle or saint to hold him up.

I liked him, and will miss him posting here.
--
Maggie

Same here. I used to see his posts on many newsgroups besides this one and always wondered if he spent ALL his time on the computer. I had some fun screwing with him over the years, but it was all in fun.
I did find it rather shocking to learn he lived alone, knowing how mormons usually have multiple wives... Then I always thought, how could he spend so much time on the internet and satisfy all his wives at the same time.... (Did his computer have a multitasking sex port, which allowed his to post to usenet while having sex?)
I too will miss him. When I first read this thread, I thought it was just someone with the same name, but after reading all the efforts many of you have put into investigating this, It appears it really is him.
He will be missed here.

I guess an angle could have held him up. :)
He probably went really fast since it was a heart problem, so it was a better death than some.