Consumer Reports - The Snitch Chronicles

Page 2 of 2

The Daring Dufas wrote:

As long as you've "come clean" about that I'm going to admit that back in my road warrior days I did eggsackly the same thing, carrying a fairly small shower head I'd drilled the restriction out of, along with a small pair of slip joint pliers to install it with.
I gave that up after 911, when having those things in my carrion luggage frequently caused me delays going through security.
Way back when, maybe in the seventies, I'd also carry a 75 watt light bulb cushioned inside a pair of foam rubber blocks. That was needed because lots of hotels had put 40 watt bulbs in their bedside lamps to cut their electric bill, which didn't give near enough light to read by. Now, most of the hotels I visit have switched to CF bulbs so that problem has gone away.
Thanks for the mammaries,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
jeff_wisnia wrote:

The last long trip I made was 20 years ago when I drove from San Diego to Birmingham in a non air conditioned car. Golly, I miss those days.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Talk about missing things? What I miss were the amenities on airline flight back when I started traveling that way in the late 50s.
Even in the lowest class seats you got free alcoholic drinks, free smokes, and delicious meals including shrimp cocktails, steaks and such. And, a lot more leg room too.
Course, everything has its price, and the price of airline tickets relative to the cost of living was a LOT higher back then. But, what the heck, it was my employers who were buying my tickets back then. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I'll bet you take all the sugar packets from the restaurant table too !
HeyBub wrote:

http://cei.org/news-release/2009/08/30/consumer-reports-becomes-national-snitch

One gallon a minute is plenty for me with a fine spray.
The whole thing is stupid. Not only is the regulation overreaching and control-freakish, I find that I take MUCH shorter showers when using non-low-flow shower heads.
Oh, and Consumer Reports has been a joke for some time now.

The Costco conection is sort of obvious or Costco is the only place to shop.
Costco Exec Member (a long time now)
You mean.... you don't want the government to control your shower head? Next thing, you'll say that you don't want the government controlling your toilet. Where would we be if we all had unregulated toilets?
Just imagine the founding fathers, creating a nation of great liberty and freedom. And a couple generations later, people are reporting their neighbors for having illegal shower heads, and high flow toilets. They would be rolling over in their graves with shame.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

They'd be much more ashamed of an over-populated land that in no way shape or form would ever have enough resources for its people to independently live as their extravagant desires would like. Face it, when the country was 1% full it was a lot different than it is now.
We could price water at its true cost in the west, but then what would we do with all the refugees?
Chris Hill wrote:

The country is much less than 1% full.
Assuming everybody was jammed together like at a rock concert - 4 sq ft per person - the 300,000,000 of this land would take up 1.2 billion sq ft., or about 43 square miles (about 1/8th the size of New York City).

Do you mean the Star Face Mole, the Tasmanian Tadpole, and the San Fernando Wartless Toad?