Refrigerator problems in UK

IIRC about ten years ago 60/40 propane isobutane (R290) "replacement" refrigerants were being sold to DIYers for automobile A/C systems when it became illegal to sell the then used freon based refrigerants to unlicensed users.

There was quite a bit of talk then about the added danger of a propane explosion when the car was involved in a front end collision.

I've heard that those refigerants are banned in quite a few states.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Not only UK, but where ever they are found. Aparently, someone decided to use propane as a refrigerant. Which is fine, until it leaks into the compartment, and is ignited by a spark.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're supposed to blow out the candles on the birthday cake before you put the remnants in the fridge! Jeeze!

It's for the children!

Reply to
HeyBub

Next thing you'll want me to kill my turkey before put it in the fridge?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, if the turkey's on fire, yeah.

Reply to