Can anyone identify these chrome pipes (plumbing ?)

I believe the two chrome pipes in the photo are used in plumbing.
They are 1 1/4" (32mm) diameter and around 6" long. The flange at the
end slips over pipe with the same diameter (1 1/4) and I believe they
have a thread at the flange end which has been cut off for use in the
application shown. I am advised these pipes may be some under sink joint
of some type.
Please ignore the 45 degree cut at the end these has been cut this way
for the present use (motorcycle exhaust extensions) which are home made.
Photo here:

~~~~~~~~~remove the holyman to reply directly~~~~~~~~
Reply to
Count de Monet
I believe the two chrome pipes in the photo are used in plumbing.
They are 1 1/4" (32mm) diameter and around 6" long. The flange at the end slips over pipe with the same diameter (1 1/4) and I believe they have a thread at the flange end which has been cut off for use in the application shown. I am advised these pipes may be some under sink joint of some type.
Please ignore the 45 degree cut at the end these have been cut this way for the present use (motorcycle exhaust extensions) which are home made.
Photo here:
~~~~~~~~~remove the holyman to reply directly~~~~~~~~
Reply to
Count de Monet
without flaking. The lack of corrosion inside or.on the cut end and the colour make it look more like polished stainless steel to me.
Colin Bignell
Reply to
nightjar
and with stainless steel, was whether the original pipes in the picture were really chrome plated, not whether you could find something that looks like them that was.
Colin Bignell
Reply to
nightjar
nightjar
see the forth thread from the top by 'Thomphoto'
Quote 'The soft brass is a breeze to cut.'
To answer my original question goes anyone know where I can buy these in the UK (plated brass OR stainless steel)
Martyn
Reply to
Count de Monet
In article , snipped-for-privacy@kateda.org says...
Oi! There's enough junk[1] in skips already, thanks.
[1] Why do people put such awful dross in skips these days? There was a time when skips had all sorts of interesting stuff in them...
Reply to
Skipweasel
In message , Count de Monet writes
no, just a bike
Being somewhat on the heavy side, I need a good few hp to actually move forwards
... and to piss off scooterbois
Eh dave ???
Reply to
geoff
In message , Skipweasel writes
because you're a Telford pikey
that's all they have
now if you were to move down the road to Shrewsbury, you'd find much more upmarket cast offs
Reply to
geoff
The d-i-y way would be to buy a length of 35mm copper pipe from a plumbing supplier, do any work you need to make it fit, polish it well, then get it plated, although you might need to search around for platers who still do a decent job of chrome. The finish will be better and you won't have any cut edges showing. Most metal stockists should be able to supply you with a bit of stainless steel tube of the right size, if you prefer that, but some people find it difficult to work.
Colin Bignell
Reply to
nightjar
In article , snipped-for-privacy@kateda.org says...
I blame the layout in Telford. When we lived in Hounslow there were light industrial units spread all over the borough 'cos it'd grown up over centuries - the skips were wonderful. Never needed to buy steel or often wood. It was just lying there waiting to be used. Telford's industrial areas are nowhere near the houses so there's little opportunity to skipcycle anything.
Reply to
Skipweasel

Site Timeline Threads