JET JTS-250 S in the UK

Hi

I am in the UK (just thought I'd make that clear :-) I am considering buying a new sawbench and the Jet JTS 250S sliding table model is on sale here for £999 yeah I know we pay dear in the UK. What I'd like to know is whether this machine is as quiet, accurate and smooth as I would like to think or whether I should consider any cheaper models, in the UK of course. Someone from the UK would probably know other machines available, but USA experience will be useful re: the quality question.

Thanks for your time I know this is a busy group but the UK group doesn't seem to get much activity.

Cheers Alan

Reply to
Al

Al - poke around in here and see what you can dig up about the Jet SuperSaw. That's what it's called for over here. I have one, sans Sliding Table. You can also join the Yahoo SuperSaw group for more info.

In a nutshell - it gets mixed reviews. I'm in the middle. I like mine, but wish I had spent the same amount of cash for the Grizzly cabinet saw.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Thanks Patrick, I will have a search around.

Cheers Al

Reply to
Al

Or email me if you have questions. Good luck!

Reply to
patrick conroy

Alan, plenty of Jet SS owners at

Think one member has one for sale as well.

Rgds

Noel

Reply to
c_address_below

Thanks Noel I am having a look but cannot find one for sale, you wouldn't have a specific link by chance?

Rgds Al

Reply to
Al