Backup, backup!

Not meant to be anything but an observation. He has spoken of their future deaths several times in very flippant terms. Maybe it's just whistling in the dark to get some bravado to face an unpleasant event.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

What idiot would not whip the economy into shape if they could do it in time for elections. Either his in 2012 or 2014 which may be make or break for who controls congress.

The fact that there is little improvment, exactly following historical patterns, proves he has no power to do that even if Congress didn't exist.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

I agree with you. I answered in kind, as is my practice. A post is too short a piece to consider all the pieces all the time. Stromin but it in terms of administrations. HE made it about individual Presidents and nothing else. (He's a bit limited in his outlook.)

My point was he cited his good one and his bad one and ignored three presidents and five terms to make that strained comparison - pretending history went from Reagan to Obama with nothing in between.

Yes, congress had a lot to do with all administrations. IMHO, the government as a whole has little to do with it. We see the same patterns over and over in history. Each time there is a lot of rhetoric and a lot of feet shuffling to make "this time" different, but it almost never is.

But still, narrow minded dipsticks can pop up and say Reagan was good and next day we had Obama and he's bad.

More than that, I praised Reagan and because Stormin' has a thing about me, he twisted it around and said I blamed and insulted Reagan. Stormin' is a one trick pony; strong on cliche quips and not much else. When you find a flaw in his ideas, or just make an addition, he replies with lies and insults.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

True indeed. Ive followed the Libertarian Party for decades as many of their bleeves echo mine. Frankly however...its been Dope First, Political Freedom a distant second, and has largely been composed of every wierdo, wackjob and oddball that were 120 degrees out, from the wierdos, wackjobs and oddballs on the Left.

There are a growing number of people with (small L) Libertarian leanings in the Republican party..but so far..the Republican Party is still controlled by the Rinos/weak sisters and Blue Bloods on the East Coast. And they are what are holding the GOP back. They have to go.

I suspect that the Tea Party will finally take control of the GOP..but it will take another decade or two.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

And you seem to have missed my specifying the LP. The OP also referenced the LARGE L version. Bob Barr's candidacy leads me to wonder if the LP knows what a libertarian is.

Reply to
rbowman

Well there were the Founders and then there were the Framers of the Constitution. Strange how few people signed both the Declaration of Independence and made it to the Convention. The anti-Federalists had many cogent arguments to which the Federalists replied "Nobody would ever, ever in a million years abuse the power."

Reply to
rbowman

Noticed that too, did you.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

My parents are long dead and buried at Arlington National Cemetery because they were both U.S. Army vets from WWII. My late roommate WT and his two older brothers have been outlived by their WWII vet father who is in his late 80's. The old cuss lied about his age to join the army at age 17 and was one of the paratroopers dropped during the D Day invasion. The WWII vets are fewer every year and my own contemporaries who are Vietnam vets are slipping away too. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well, it's certainly happening in our lifetimes. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

When religious wackos got control of the Republican Party it was just as bad as Commies getting control of The Democrat Party. Where have all the sane people in government gone? O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The good times lasted until John Adams came up with the Sedition Act:

"SECT. 2. And be it further enacted, That if any person shall write, print, utter, or publish, or shall cause or procure to be written, printed, uttered, or published, or shall knowingly and willingly assist or aid in writing, printing, uttering, or publishing any false, scandalous and malicious writing or writings against the government of the United States, or either House of the Congress of the United States, or the President of the United States, with intent to defame the said government, or either House of the said Congress, or the said President, or to bring them, or either of them, into contempt or disrepute; or to excite against them, or either or any of them, the hatred of the good people of the United States, or to stir up sedition within the United States; or to excite any unlawful combinations therein, for opposing or resisting any law of the United States, or any act of the President of the United States, done in pursuance of any such law, or of the powers in him vested by the Constitution of the United States; or to resist, oppose, or defeat any such law or act; or to aid, encourage or abet any hostile designs of any foreign nation against the United States, their people or government, then such person, being thereof convicted before any court of the United States having jurisdiction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars, and by imprisonment not exceeding two years. "

rbowman

I recall reading a libertarian forum where one of the posters was at the convention. It went from a 'Who let that idiot Barr in?" early in the day to a shocked "Barr got the nomination."

Reply to
rbowman

The Daring Dufas on Sun, 11 Aug

2013 04:03:23 -0500 typed >> The Daring Dufas on Sat, 10 Aug

Well, that's the theory. But the Liberals behind Obama don't believe it, and it seems that a lot of the Libertarians seem to be of like opinion - that all it takes is to get the Right Candidate installed and all will be unicorns and rainbows.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Sun, 11 Aug 2013 16:35:14 -0700 typed in alt.survival the following:

The TEA party has done more in the last four years to influence the GOP and national politics, than the Libertarians have accomplished in the last twenty.

You'll note, the TEA party got the full force of the Feds turned against them. I've not heard any such attention being paid to the Libertarian Party.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Which "religious wackos" were those? Ill be waiting for the cites to those "religious wackos" who got control of the Republican party.

Please..use as much white space as necessary.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ayup. Good work too!

Say...you guys seen this article yet?

Gunner Asch

One of the ways I know a Republican is successful. If the liberal Democrats get into a frenzy attacking him (her).

. Christ>> I suspect that the Tea Party will finally take control of the GOP..but

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

True enough.

But then..neither do the Leftwingers.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Are you thinking those teams will be Oath Keepers?

Reply to
rbowman

Ad there he goes for the red herring.

Sorry bowman, the two are only marginally related. But fear not, you have a strong record of voting to keep the Republican's out, so you have nothing to worry about.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich