Backup, backup!

I've also heard that TX is business friendly. Wish I could move there, but I'm stuck in NYS for a while.

. Christ>> This is the reason business is fleeing California. Way way too much

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Check it out well first. A lot of it is like Kansas with a better PR firm. The more scenic parts tend to be long on scenery, short on business opportunities. Then there's Austin...

Reply to
rbowman

Ive lost clients to Texas, South Carolina, South Dakota ...all in the last 3 yrs. Or they closed their doors and simply quit, many retireing to Idaho or other Free states.

The majority of those fleeing at this point..have gone to Texas...7 of them so far.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What's your breaking point? When will you decide to pull stakes and depart? Have you considered the question?

I'm in NYS until my parents make the great divide. Won't be long.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd say a combined effort. It was commerce that took all the production jobs off shore. It was quite profitable. It's to governments discredit they gave them tax breaks to do so. But the rewards were big enough they would have done it without the government's corporate welfare.

You jump from Reagan to Obama. Let's not forget that Bush (New World Order), Clinton, and Shrub came between. Reagan was fighting the stagflation that resulted from the wind down of the Johnson/Nixon Viet Nam festivities. That stagnated on though Ford and crippled Carter. Reagan engaged in massive spending to get the economy back. It worked and it went on to the all time stock market high under Clinton.

Reagan ran up a huge deficit doing it and Clinton was starting the deficit back down working with a now vibrant economy.

Shrub (to be the domestic president and avoid foreign involvements) took us a trillion dollars deeper in the deficit hole, got us bogged down in two wars that are still sucking up lives and treasure. He dissipated the military's stock of equipment which will be expense to replace (and probably won't be until we get in a real war). He put us on the hook for lifetime care of huge numbers of seriously wounded service people.

By 2006 it was obvious to the most brain dead observer the economy was sliding into the abyss. Anyone with two IQ points to rub together saw it long before that. It actually collapsed on Bush's watch.

He turned over two wars sucking the life out of the country and bankrupt equities, housing, and banking systems to a starry eyed wonder boy full of fine theories.

Bush started the TARPS and other cover names for massive quantitive easing i.e., printing money. Bush presided over the homeless camps and Bushian Hoovervilles. Obama, not at all to his credit, has simply continued the Bush prescription exactly. He's constantly expanded it following the Bush pattern.

And now you somehow want to tell us we went from the good years of Reagan to the depth of Obama with nobody in the middle to blame.

It's the Bush economy, inherited by Obama - who doesn't have a clue how to get us out of the Bush mess. Bush was a fiscal liberal; so is Obama. They have the same "cures" and the cures have the same lack of result.

Try pulling your head out of the sand and look around. And read a little history.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

You almost seem to be relishing the event.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Blames Bush. Blames Reagan. Condescending. Insulting.

Liberal?

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In truth, most presidents are just riding the tiger when it comes to the economy. The exception is a president that can lie us into a nice little war. Luckily, for presidents that is, a term limit means they can usually slither out of the barroom and leave the tab for the next guy. Eisenhower bagged Kennedy who bagged LBJ who bagged Nixon and so forth. The only innocent might be Kennedy; Lee Harvey and/or anyone else who was busting caps that day dealt him out before he could do much harm. Like Jimmy and Janis, dying young saved him from what might otherwise had been a mediocre career.

Of course, I might have to eat my words if Obama appoints Larry the Loser to the Fed.

Reply to
rbowman

I note you offer no fact or argument to support your claim. Just your bald statement, with an implied "trust me".

Actually I spoke well of Reagan. I said he did what he had to do given what he inherited and that he succeeded in what he did. Only in your world is that blame.

Do you support Bush in the light of two worthless wars and collapsing the economy? Speak up and give us a direct answer.

Well, if you liked Bush's fiscal management, yes you are a liberal. At least a fiscal liberal. On the social side, you are a racist reactionary.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Any idiot who thinks that The President runs the country is, well, an idiot. Obama can't fix things, he doesn't "legally" have that power. There are more than 500 other malefactors to blame the country's problems on. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's a little mean, even if it's meant to be a bit funny. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas on Sat, 10 Aug

2013 23:13:27 -0500 typed >> Storm>>

Strange. There seem to be a lot of "Libertarians" who seem to believe otherwise. Or at least seem to believe that if they could only get their guy elected President - He could fix everything. By Executive Order if necessary, apparently.

More that 500, but .. I get your drift.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

What...so its NOT Bush's Fault???

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Worse, I do think that Oh Bomb Us actually does think he runs the country. Constitution be damned, he's going to EO the country into the shape he wants. And if that doesn't do it, he'll EO a couple more times to force it to do what he wants.

Old Obama had a plan, EO, EO, O. And on this plantation he had some sheeple, EO, EO, O. (Sung to the tune of "Old McDonald had a farm.)

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LP members specialize in believing at least three impossible things before breakfast. Do you thing the Democrats and Republicans are any different? Do you think a Republican president in 2016 will fix anything? Do you think the Tea Party contingent, most of whom don't really know the history of their beloved Constitution, would fix anything if they came to power? Have those dirty, commie progressives accomplished much?

I've watched too many swings of the pendulum. One of the better professors in one of my college physics classes was into interesting demonstrations. For one he constructed a pendulum from a bowling ball suspended from about a

20' wire attached to an eye in the ceiling of the lecture hall. He held the ball firmly against his chin, let it go, and stood immobile. Of course, the ball did not knock him on his ass on its return, much to the disappointment of the class. A pendulum only swings back and forth within defined constraints and left to its own devices will eventually stop at its equilibrium point.

Conservatives would like to reach out, grab the ball, and hold it stationary but it always slips out of their fingers. Progressives would like to speed the pendulum up but their random pushes never in crease the amplitude to get it beyond the range of isochronism.

Reply to
rbowman

Running for political office is often the first sign of a personality disorder. Not counting the goblins lurking in the shadows, a country of over

300 million is run by 540 people. Somehow, I think the will of the people comes off second best in a game with no second place winner.

If you read the early history of the US, quite a few people were concerned with the scalability of the system they had constructed.

Reply to
rbowman

and you seem to not understand the difference between small (L) libertarians and those that belong to the Libertarian Party.

The difference is rather vast..and is almost as wide as the difference between the Left and the Right.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's why the founders were against a powerful central government because they were well aware of the dangers posed to freedom and liberty by such a government. The only way The United States will survive is if it goes back to being The United States which will require gelding the central government now ruling from Washington D.C. One of the big mistakes made was the change of having Senators elected instead of being appointed by the state legislatures because of The Seventeenth Amendment. The founders were a lot smarter than those in Washington D.C. these days. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I suppose Libertarians with a small "l" are the true individuals who believe in freedom and liberty so much that they don't want to belong to any group because a big organized group will always bastardize the ideals that caused the formation of said group. Being free is hard. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Seems like Congress should get some the blame too. They did pass the energy regulations and spending laws, for example, and could have reigned in the mortgage lenders before the worst happened. I understand how nice it is to package things up neatly by administrations that you do or don't like and make it sound all simple; but it's not and your tunnel vision is astounding.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic