Subject Author Posted Replies

Why does my faucet have a pause button?
About 6 months ago I installed a new kitchen faucet. The unit has 4 features, the first 3 of which I was looking for: 1 - Tall neck for filling large pots 2 - Pull out faucet 3 - Built in sprayer 4 -...
25
25

New Echo grass trimmer leaks from the exhaust
I suppose the fact that a two-stroke engine normally burns oil means that there will be a small leakage of oil from the exhaust? After running the thing for two hours or so, one drop came out of the...
5
5

Heating a pool with an air conditioner
Ask This Old House showed the installation of a system that captures the heat from the AC unit to heat a swimming pool. The AC refrigerant line runs through a coil inside a canister. The pool water...
80
80

How does a Smellphone work?
Someone told me they have a smellphone. I guess thats for smelling other people or their house or something like that. But how does it work?
5
5

Trick to drill shelf pin holes
I built a book case and instead of using the tracks I usually use I decided on 1/4" shelf pins. The problem was drilling the holes square and level. I ended up making a jig from 1/4" pegboard, squared...
1
1

Angie's List: Inyone use it?
Good, bad, a con? Couldn't find the subscription price without undue hassle.... They're advertising like crazy, so I figgered it's gotta be on par with Colonial Penn's guarownteed acceptance life...
13
13

Ping Leon: Design Q on SawStop
There seems to be two mechanical strategies at work in the SawStop, of translation, and of rotation, ie, retracting the blade, and stopping the rotation. It seems to me one would be sufficient, with...
5
5

Reroofing in this weather?
Hmmm, My next door neighbor had reroofing job done in the snow with temp. of 10 deg. or so below freezing. Wondering if that was a good idea? I noticed work crew was Mexican family including woman.
8
8

brick work + more
my home is old and i want to do renovation. i need to change the fake brick= in the front and the siding with a real brick. i got an impression they ha= ve to dig beside the foundation and start the...
45
45

Wood Burning Stove
My uncle was given a wood burning stove, Soffolk County in NY.He checked with a local installer and the price he quoted, my uncle felt it was way too high. Anyway I'm looking for a mail order...
19
19

Lessons learned installing a torsion spring in a typical residential garage
For most of you on a.h.r, these lessons will be old hat; but for those of you (like I was) who have never relocated a torsion spring, these lessons may come in handy in the future. WHAT DO MOST GARAGE...
43
43

Home renovation gone wrong.
Let's see. Was that fix this and tear down the other, or vice versa?
2
2

Auto "Black Boxes" to be required shortly
the day is coming where intelligent vehicles check themselves for speeding and call in the report to the police that send you a ticket. you were on X road the speed limit is 55, you were doing 75. pay...
18
18

What's wrong with my paint?
Bought different glosses of BM paint, eggshell, pearl, & semi-gloss. Have made some touch ups during my punch list. Every time I open the semi-gloss paint, it sounds like I'm opening a pop can. Paint...
6
6

Gaze upon this mountain of debt and despair all who toil under it.
liberty holds down her torch and is dumbstruck by the sight. NEW 2017 VIDEO: https://youtu.be/XqUwr-Nkq9g http://Demonocracy.info - Economic Infographics The faith and value of the US Dollar rests on...
6
6