8th largest army in world deploys...

Page 1 of 3
... kills as many targets as they can find while experiencing no casualties!
"The state of Wisconsin has ... over 600,000 hunters. Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world – more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined – deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay."
http://federalistpaupers.com/index.php/2010/12/02/why-the-terrorists-can-never-win/
Add pictures here
✖

I've been saying this for 40 yrs. A foreign land army wouldn't get half a state from the beaches before being defeated. Every redneck, yokel, hunter, militia nut, and gun collector in the Us would be mounted up and rolling within minutes of the news. This is why I found the movie Red Dawn totally preposterous. Those piñata pinkos woulda' been wiped out in 24 hrs. And AKs vs scoped 300 WinMags? Puh-leeze!
nb
Add pictures here
✖
harry wrote:

Nobody thinks we can WIN in Afghanistan. The object has always been not to lose.
Plus, it's a lot of fun to kill them.
Add pictures here
✖

The object has always been, and always will be, to keep the military-industrial complex rolling in $$$$. Exporting war is our primary business. Duh!
nb
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 14:09:31 +0000, notbob wrote:

The object now is to secure the Trillions of dollars worth of lithium deposits found in July in Afghanistan by American geologists. So expect the US to be there for many years because of the potential trillions of dollars of an important mineral like lithium. The stuff is used to make cell phone batteries and more and more batteries for just about every small electronic device. Whoever controls this will have the corner on the market for sure.
Add pictures here
✖

Screw the lithium. It's the poppies that keep us there. Under the Taliban, as cruel and barbaric as they are, they stopped the trade in poppies, a major source of heroin. Since we've taken over, the the heroin flow is secured and going full tilt boogie. Can't have our whole anti-drug bureaucracy shrinking and the private prison industry losing $$$$! Jes like our kill-people war machine, the anti-drug war is a mucho big business.
nb
Add pictures here
✖

Now, now, let's be fair! There's another important objective: To keep the OIL flowing!
To that end, we kiss up to the worst dictatorial regimes in the world, and arrange to kill anybody who tries to upset the situation. Like poor Saddam; he would still be at liberty to drop his Shi'ite opponents into acid if he hadn't tried to upset our cozy deal with the Saudis: You keep the oil price stable and you can do anything you want to your people. Only now it's coming out that the money we send Saudi for the oil is sent right on to our Taliban friends...money covered with the blood of our troops and of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. AND Pakistan, don't forget; our Pakistani friends who receive gazillions of dollars from the U.S. Makes our puny contributions to Israel, which IS on our side, look like play dough.
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/25/2010 12:13 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Since when was Israel on anyone's side but their own? (same could be said for pretty much anyone in that whole area though)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Then they've dug their own graves.

It's hard to believe that even you are that full of shit.
Add pictures here
✖
harry wrote:

I don't think "revenge" is a very good motive.

"... And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;..."
Add pictures here
✖

It's a lie that it was "revenge for 9/11", harry.
Add pictures here
✖
harry wrote:

Are you as certain about that as you were on "Never a bomb fell on America"?
Add pictures here
✖

He probably never heard of the Japanese balloon bombs in WWII. The US covered it up because they did not want the Japs to know it was working. The other foreign power to "bomb" the US was Britain.
Add pictures here
✖

Wasn't Pearl Harbor considered part of America as a military base? I realize it happened before Hawaii became a state but aren't U.S. military bases considered like U.S. territory like an embassy?
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:16:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I was thinking about the AMERICAN continent but that is a good point. For that matter the Japanese actually invaded and held the Philippines and a couple of islands in Alaska, both US territories at the time.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:16:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas

It was a possession or territory of the United States, rather like Peurto Rico or Guam are still. Alaska was also, at the time.
Add pictures here
✖

Right motive, wrong act. It was supposed to be revenge for the attempt on GWHB's life.
Some also think taking out a genocidal dictator had some value.
I think we took out Saddam so Israel would not have to. We are going to have a war with Iran for the same reason.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 28, 9:46 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There's a long a list of genocidal dictators flourishing at that exact period in time. Only difference: They did not have oil, nor were they threatening to disrupt the (un)holy alliance between the U.S. and the Saudis by destroying OPEC and denominating oil in Euros instead of Dollars.
HB

The West would be delighted if Israel did the job, like they did with the Iraqi Osirak reactor back in 1981. That is one of the most thrilling stories of all time. : "Raid on the Sun"tells the true story of the raid. Eight planes flew from Israel on that mission; none knew if they would ever return. The last plane -- ergo the most risky one -- was piloted by Ilan Ramon. He later became the first Israeli astronaut to fly a US mission to the space station, and was killed along with the other astronauts in the Challenger disaster.
HB
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah, but why not fanatical against the guys actually CAUSING the problems? That is the part I don't understand. Even in those circumstances, the cause and effect relationship could be seen.

And some time the Palestinians will have to realize that they aren't Israel's pawns as much as they are expendable cannon fodder for Hamas, etc. Largest part of the reason the Palestinians are in the hurt locker is because Israel gave up the territory. Within Israel, the Palestinians are treated better, have access to jobs, have their healthcare and other services taken care of.
✖
harry wrote:

There were about 15 people who actually "liked" Jesus. All those in power hated Him. They hated Him so much that, well, ...
I'd like the Palestinians too, if they, like Jesus, were dead.
Add pictures here
✖