Subject Author Posted Replies

Here is how to deal with squirrels
Make sure you are not eating or driving anything when you watch this: No squirrels were hurt in this video. If they would get hurt then I would not do this at all. They also would not keep coming back...
4
4

Bath Fan Life
Does it seem normal that a relatively expensive, Panasonic FV-08VQ3 unit would crap out in just 10 years? I se the warranty was only for 5 years....
4
4

House flippers again
We had a recent thread about the CA tax on house flippers. In the mail today I got two offers, but varying degrees of shyster. Liquid Properties is offering to buy my house at the assessed value at...
5
5

Why are most leased aircraft registered in Bermuda but owned in Ireland?
Why are most leased aircraft registered in Bermuda but owned in Ireland? those two countries? What's different about them? Putin signs law in apparent retaliation for EU sanctions, with Irish lessors...
2
2

When to Replace a Roof
I have an Asphalt Shingles roof in New England. It's 23 years old now. I don't see any issues: no curling, no grains falling off, no missing tiles. Should I go ahead and replace the roof to head off...
7
7

My sister bought a stock in 1988 and sold it and can't find the cost basis
My sister bought a stock in 1988 and sold it and can't find the cost basis. She thinks she bought it for around $1000 and sold it for around $1800 but she is one of those super honest people who...
13
13

Purpose of fuse in televlision
I took apart the television I've posted about and there is a fuse on the power supply board and it's blown. It was blown (and the home circuit breaker was tripped at the same time it iseems) when a...
32
32

Septic tank and soak away
We've lived in our house 2 years now, the previous owner had flushed loads of baby wipes and sanitary products, probably used bleach down the loo as well. I've had a bath put in, where as she had a...
4
4

Ceiling fan and light don't work separately
I installed a ceiling fan with a light and there are two switches. I did the wiring properly. The fan and the light now work on 1 switch not separate. And when you turn it on with one switch and then...
5
5

Submersible pump
I'm putting a pump in our well to water the garden and probably orchard too . I got to wondering , this is a 1 hp pump , and when it starts there will be a torque reaction . How significant is this ,...
19
19

Need ideas for replacing a garage flourescent fixture
I bought a thin four foot long flat LED panel to replace an old huge four foot long six inches deep four bulb fluorescent ceiling light in the garage. The replacement is super thin and has no room for...
58
58

New California bill would impose 25% gain tax on house flippers who
Note that this bill has just been introduced by one representative. It hasn't been discussed or voted on, much less signed into law. Frankly, I suspect that it may just pass - house flippers are...
20
20

60VAC in ceiling wires with the light switch turned off
Was replacing a two-bulb typical ceiling light fixture as the bulbs keep burning out seemingly prematurely (although I don't count the hours). With the light switch off, I remove the old and start to...
25
25

american home shield warranty co
having a lot of trouble getting my appliances repaired/replaced. extremely difficult to get satisfactory was suggested that i buy this coverage when we bought our home.we have retained their SERVICES...
9
9

Mechanistic sound coming from beneath bathroom floor
We have been hearing a mechanistic buzzing high frequency sound beneath the stairs outside our apartment for the last 5 months since we moved her, but since the last week we are hearing a similar...