Subject Author Posted Replies

adjutable shelving system
On a kitchen wall I want to put some shelves- 4" or so deep- The space is about 48" wide & high-- and I want to put 3 vertical strips but keep them hidden-- and I'd like to be able to slide the...
8
8

Sears power tool parts
I"ve got an Craftsman bench grinder I bought over 30+ years ago. Needs a replacement for one of the eyeshelds. When I go to the searsparts website and look up the model number it finds it but they no...
31
31

break away 120 vac electrical plug
What should I buy for an outdoor 120 VAC electical connection that requires breakaway capability? The connector will be exposed to rain and even occasional snow. Hopefully there is a solution that...
36
36

Can I use a programmable thermostat with an oil furnace that circulates water?
We are moving into an apartment that has an oil furnace with radiators (water). Can I change the thermostat over to a programmable one? I have had forced air gas heat in the past and always been very...
43
43

Cordless drill recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill. Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ?? Thanks, And
14
14

Pegasus fawcet. Where does this screw go??
I have a Pegasus faucet. Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes? I think it fits into the hole in but don't know how to get it in??
8
8

Snaking too often
I usually don't have to call a plumber to snake the kitchen drain more than every 3-4 years. I am very prudent about grease, etc.; always wipe it int o the garbage before washing dishes or running...
19
19

Giving credit when a warranty is honored
I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years...
7
7

Gardens, Pests, Poisons, Friends....
This is my first year with a koi pond, full-scale veggie garden, and lots of shrub/flower beds to put in. It's been a real learning experience, all around. First pest to show up was a colony of...
5
5

OT More hypocracy from the USA
The USA wants Snowden whilst it grants assylum to Chechen terrorist. And a whole lot more fromLatin America Russia’s Foreign Ministry has said that it has been “at least bewildered” by the...
8
8

Bizarre toilet leaking problem
I don't blame you if you don't believe this. If I hadn't seen it personally, I wouldn't either. Here's the situation. After 10 years, the caulking around the base of the toilet and the tile floor it...
40
40

What is this bug?
When I lived in Brooklyn, NY, I saw German cockroaches and what we called water bugs, wider and fatter than cockroaches. But in the last month I've found bugs even bigger in my bathroom. I don't know...
12
12

Another cleaver router name
GetOffMyLan
8
8

BlackMax Model SM16H146 product 960440001
I bought a riding lawn mower (BlackMax Model SM16H146 product 960440001) at Sams about 5 years ago. I (and my local mower repair store) am having pro blems getting parts for it. I heard that...
7
7

Mower weirdness
I have a three year old MTD mower with off-brand "Powermore" motor. Today it has started to miss for a few minutes and then all of a sudden it speeds up way past normal to the point I get concerned...
23
23