Subject Author Posted Replies

my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong
i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now
5
5

Termites & hardwood floor
Well, I'm cleaning out a room being used for storage and found that when I stepped in one area, that the furniture rattled. Checking around, I saw a few holes in the floor from well-fed little...
5
5

OT, ‘Love Boat’ Sails Off to the Junkyard
Bye Bye Love Boat. sniff :~( TDD The cruise ship that was the backdrop for ABC's The Love Boat will soon be reduced to a heap of scrap metal. The cruise ship that was the backdrop for ABC's The Love...
16
16

Don't hire a Spanish architect to design your hi-rise.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50152642n
4
4

fence issue with neighbor
Hi I just would love to hear your opinion about this. There is a fence between our house and neighbor. None of us build the fence. We bought the houses a nd the fence was/is there. The neighbor are...
54
54

LEDs solve recessed ceiling light problems
I thought I'd share this with anyone interested. I just found out that the new LED recessed lights solve serious problems that exist with recessed lights, depending on where they are installed. Case...
19
19

mystery water in ceiling
All water pipes in my two story house are under the first floor and in the first floor walls to the height needed to supply water to faucets in kitche n and bathrooms in the first floor. This morning...
14
14

So *that's* where that tool has been!
Some of you may recall the thread I started about refinishing the hinges on my trailer. After I was done with them, I moved on to freshening up the white Rust-Cap paint that I used on the wheels a few...
11
11

Sliders OT
I ran across this after seeing the comments about tool thefts at construction sites. Thieves are grabbing purses while the owners are fueling their vehicles.
3
3

Accidental stripper applied to new wood floor --- HELP! need a solution to fix.
Our housekeeper applied some wood flooring stripper by mistake to our new oak flooring and it seems to have smeared the finish that was removed. Is there anything we can do to fix it? It sort of has...
7
7

I bought an adapter screw on for a hose
I bought a part that screws into a faucet from my local hardware with the idea i needed an adapter to attach it to my sink and my garden hose, so I c an use it in front of my home. I think its called...
2
2

Tank vs tankless water heaters
Any suggestions between the two?
55
55

wireless outlet control with TWO remotes
Does anybody know a vendor that sells, prepackaged, wireless outlets with TWO remote controls. I understand you cannot use both remotes at the same time, but I'd like some flexibility; leaving one by...
2
2

Drinking water for Lima, Peru
Hope this URL goes to the video: Here is the web page with the obnoxious pop up ads. . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus . The lack of clean water is one of the leading causes of life-threatening...
2
2

cut hole in load bearing wall concern
I have a load bearing cmu block wall (roof ties into it) that a plumber had to access inside to get to a water line to abandon. To do this he knocked out approximately a 12" tall by 8" wide hole in...
11
11