Subject Author Posted Replies

Rain water for distilled water in car & iron at home?
My neighbor collects rain water for his car and home (iron) and he said i's the same as distilled water for those two purposes. Is it?
33
33

Stripping multicore wire?
Does anyone have a way to strip the outer sheath without damaging the inner ones?
28
28

TrickleStar® DryerSaver®
From: BGE > Reply-To: BGE Subject: Save more on every load of laundry, for a limited time Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:33:52 -0500 Discover how a Quick Home Energy Check-up and a dryer sensor can make...
6
6

Splitting versus chains awing wood logs into quarters or eighths to burn in fireplace
This is my second of two different questions, where in both cases I'm trying to find the least expensive way to heat a room that happens to have a double-opening wood burning fireplace with an...
24
24

Propane fireplace fire starter heating water instead of wood?
This is my first of two different questions, where in both cases I'm trying to find the least expensive way to heat a room that happens to have a double-opening wood burning fireplace with an existing...
8
8

soap scum in pipes
Hi All, I have a few slow drains. My drain weasel ling since removed all the hair. Now it gets up a black/grey sludge that gets everywhere when you try to clean it up. Is seems to me to be soap scum....
5
5

Practical advice about a car battery 12VDC to 110VAC inverter typical length of time to last without electricity
The power went out recently and I wished I had an inverter with alligator clips to clamp onto a garage car battery without killing that battery. Walmart has 150W for about $30 but isn't that too low...
51
51

Rust Remoal From Plumbing Pipe
We have a pipe that runs from the toilet to another system. The pipe is covered with rust. It's probably cast iron because of the age of the house. I and my wife are too old to go weird with all the...
8
8

Aluminum storm window repair redux and sources
I finally got around to pulling out a cracked aluminum storm window for repair. There's nobody in my area who will touch these so I'm doing it myself, and the last one was nearly impossible. The...
3
3

Office chair wheels alternatives
Someone posted the question. These types worked for me on shallow carpet... DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified. DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified.
11
11

OT. Bus/truck Ban
in California, of course. Engines older than 2010 no longer welcome. My first thought was farmers who just use trucks to get stuff to the nearest market. There is an exception for vehicles driven...
2
2

Best Place to Sell Used GE Washer parts
Where's a good place to sell used, good washer parts? I can test each assembly if anyone is interested and can send me test procedures, but would rather ship all parts for around $40 plus shipping....
1
1

UPS for my forced air heater?
Hi All, We have three feet of snow on the ground and with my trellised awning came crashing down. And with grids changing every 30 minutes and constantly having to reset my clocks, I thought it would...
17
17

Do electric water heaters get less hot?
Do electric water heaters sometimes gradually have output that is less hot. It's still hot, but it used to be I had to add cold water to be able to take a bath in it. Now, I can manage to use just the...
5
5

Snow gates in Scotland (2023 Update)
Are those things locked? Could we just open them and say someone else must have done it? Why do they pay a policeman to close it then come out again and open it? Why not just send out the snowplough...
542
542