soap scum in pipes

Hi All,

I have a few slow drains. My drain weasel ling since removed all the hair. Now it gets up a black/grey sludge that gets everywhere when you try to clean it up. Is seems to me to be soap scum.

Any non toxic way to clear out the pipes?

Many thanks,

-T

Lotta suggestions on line. I might try baking soda in water. A teaspoon in a gallon for mild cases.

Reply to
Frank

Some vinegar with the baking soda?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I suggest using a high pressure car washer to blast high pressure water through the drain. If the nozzle head is not big enough to prevent water from coming back up, then try some inventive ways like using cloth to wrap the nozzle head to make it thicker, or buy this nesting rubber stopper:

Nesting Rubber Stopper:

High Pressure Car Washer:

invalid unparseable

Funny.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Contact some soapdetergemt manufacturer. Smell the scum to see if you recognize what soap it was, or just use the soap/detergent that goes down tha tdrain most of the time.

Or hot water?

How long has it been since you got the hair out. Maybe the sludge will wash away after a while.

Take some out, put samples in desert or soup bowls, and try various things to see which thins it. .

Reply to
micky