OT. Bus/truck Ban

in California, of course. Engines older than 2010 no longer welcome. My first thought was farmers who just use trucks to get stuff to the nearest market. There is an exception for vehicles driven under 1,000 miles.

Dean Hoffman

Maybe this is the year? Looks like this convention is confirmed in 2 weeks in Anaheim.

I have no idea if this is legit or if its a ploy for timeshares, etc.

NostrilBobus McKinney

10% may be low. There are many owner-operators doing short hauls. When the tomatoes come on, they're hauling bins of tomatoes. Then it may be almonds, broccoli, or containers from one of the ports to a warehouse. They're shoestring operations. The engines that came out in the '90s regularly go a million miles without a rebuild. For intrastate short runs they're still going strong after 12 years.

The rest of the country will pay for it, whether it's increased cost for California agricultural products or the commodities coming into the Pacific ports.

Reply to
rbowman