Subject Author Posted Replies

OT discouraging junk phone calls
OT but related to homes. If answering the phone when a junk caller calls just encourages them to call more, how is that different from letting the phone machine or voicemail answer the phone call?...
16
16

Ship to store vs ship to home
I wanted to buy some 9v batteries, and Home Depot has a box of 8 house brand, HDX, for 11.99 and they will ship it to thestore for free, so I can pick it up between Feb 21 and 24, that is, some time...
3
3

Repairing a Busbar
I would love to replace my old zinsco panel but the problem is it's embedded in concret. It's a pedestal with power coming from the street.underground. I can't even replace if I wanted because of...
15
15

Re: How to reduce Garage opener noise ??
Here, some 27 years later, I'd just call Chamberlain and ask them.

Weed wacker without a Li battery?
Hi All, My sister needs a battery operated weed wacker but can't risk a battery fire. All the ones I have come across use lithium ion batteries. Anyone know of one that uses Nickle Metal Hydrate or a...
10
10

What is this weird hoe called?
Hi All, I have a doe the is exactly like a standard garden hoe, except the blade is not out at a 90 degree angle to the handle. It is straight with the handle. I use it for breaking up ice when I am...
9
9

refrigerator LED lights blinking all of a sudden
After only five years, refrigerator LED lights and the one freezer light started blinking when the door is opened instead of lighting up right. Since it's all three lights, it's somewhere in the...
6
6

Water in the tank - what chemical will dry gasoline?
Kid thought he was doing me a favor when he used an old steel (leaking) gas can to bring it from empty to a quarter of a tank after he used the car. It starts and runs but immediately triggers a...
10
10

OT. John Adams and Football
Commentary about Americans playing some version of football long ago. <> I guess the NFL is finally getting around to playing its last game of the 2022 season tomorrow.
24
24

Good furnace filters don't fit, and cheap ones are hard to find; Amazon plays tricks
Good furnace filters don't fit, and cheap ones are hard to find; Prosperity can be a problem. It's hard to find the cheap furnace filters I used for a long time. I blame prosperity. All Home Depot and...
10
10

Why do circuit breakers go up for on and down for off?
Why do circuit breakers go up for on and down for off? Would they work installed upside down?
1848
1848

Why don't car batteries have a better state of charge indicator?
Why don't car batteries have a better state of charge indicator (the little green float)? It could be on the side and go a few inches along a sloping tube, telling you the precise battery charge...
41
41

Damn Toyota cheapass radiator!
Damn thing only lasted 344.800 miles ! Of course I don't know for sure if it was the original , I've only had this 1999 4Runner for about 100.000 of those miles ... there's a new one and a couple...
18
18

single pane windows
Hi All, Is there any single pane window options that completes with dual pane windows yet? -T
15
15

I just dumped ...
5 1/2 inches of rain from our gauge , and it's still raining . For the second time since we bought this place 20 years ago the creek is out of it's banks , the road on the other side is under water ....
5
5