Ship to store vs ship to home

I wanted to buy some 9v batteries, and Home Depot has a box of 8 house brand, HDX, for 11.99 and they will ship it to thestore for free, so I can pick it up between Feb 21 and 24, that is, some time after the 20th.

But if I have them ship it to my home, also for free, I can have them by Feb 17.

At first that seemed wierd, but now I think it's just surprising.

Reply to
micky

I was all set to post how much more expensive they are at Home Depot Canada - but after currency exchange we're only paying a couple bucks more :

8 for $ 18. is a real good price here - thanks for the tip - it's common to see the brand-name ones at ~ $ 4. - $ 5. each .

John T.

Reply to
hubops

The have a delivery schedule for the store, and they'll schedule your order for the next available delivery (which may involve intermediate warehouses, so potentially several days delay).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

My impression is that ship to the store gets you free shipping. But most places with a minimum order will give you free shipping anyway. Though that may not apply to very heavy items.