refrigerator LED lights blinking all of a sudden

After only five years, refrigerator LED lights and the one freezer light started blinking when the door is opened instead of lighting up right.

Since it's all three lights, it's somewhere in the system. Any idea where to look for the problem?

Reply to
gtr

Have you looked in the owner's manual?

If you don't have it, have you googled for the owner's manual.

The reason there are 3 lights is that one light can only relay one simple error message. 3 lights offer 7. I'd be surprised if the manual didn't say what each of the 7 meant.

Why not say here what make and model the fridge is? Or would that make it too easy for us? Why do so many people leave out so many details. Are they afraid the Chinese balloons will find out what kind of refrigerator they have?

Reply to
micky

I took his post to mean the lights are for lighting the compartments so one can see the interior.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Oh yeah. Probably so. I was thinking of one PC I had that had 4 leds to say what the trouble was.

Reply to
micky

... In that case, it's just a dirty door switch. In the past they were easy to find and I suppose easy to remove and replace.

But I recently read that some are no longer easy to find.

Googling where is my hidden refrigerator light switch didn't return anything about hidden ones, so maybe they are still v. rare.

OP, look for the switch in the door jam, a white plastic button sticking out so the door hits it when shut. Maybe at the top of the door, or elsewhere. You can google replace refrigerator light switch for videos and text how to replace it.

Reply to
micky

Try disconnecting them one by one and see what happens. Could be one is defective.

Reply to
trader_4

OP said that both freezer and fridge lights start blinking when doors are opened. I expect that there would be a switch for each section's door. Unlikely coincidence that both switches would fail at the same time. Maybe there's no switch and the lights normally are on all the time because LEDs use so little power and generate so little heat? (Can he be sure that the lights normally went off when each door was closed?)

OP would find trouble shooting much easier if he could find the wiring schematic for the fridge. First place to look is on the back side. Sometimes manufacturers put reference materials into a plastic folder and affix it to the back. I've also seen wiring diagrams on a piece of paper glued to a rear panel. Customer support web site of the fridge's manufacturer might help either with wiring diagram and/or repair manual when OP specifies the model number. Shouldn't be a problem if unit is only 5 yrs. old.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt