Subject Author Posted Replies

WELL WATER TANK AIR RELEASE VALVE
My tank has no bladder supposedly. The tank air release valve is leaking water when pump is engaged. As I understand it, the pump pumps air and water and the air must be released. The air release...
11
11

concrete garage floor sank a bit... can it be filled?
The instructions for Quikrete Concrete Resurfacer include numbers for up to 3/8?. Maybe it can be applied thicker, you'd have to check with them. We used this product to resurface my badly worn garage...
7
7

What rope to use outside?
A bunch cut. You don't have to use just a single line. Some pictures here of a rope block and tackle. My dad had a rope fence stretcher that worked like these.
5
5

Toro traction not working
Hi, it's a 20334 rear wheel drive.
9
9

Floor dip
My daughter wants to have laminate flooring put down on the second floor. Lowes people are refusing to do it, want to put in carpet, because there is a dip in the floor near the utility room. Is there...
6
6

Staples recycling electronics free
I took a worn out printer to Best Buy 6 weeks ago and no charge, but we've already covered this topic about a month ago. You should have complained to the manager instead of complaining here as...
5
5

OT - for a few here
...with nonstop service to Canada.
1
1

Floor Jack - Disconnect Power Supply?
I bought a floor jack this weekend. Page 5 of the manual includes this statement as the last step of the "Lowering" process: 5. To prevent accidents, turn off the tool and disconnect its power supply...
1
1

Combination Smoke / Carbon Monoxide Alarms ?
Hello, Want to get some smoke/carbon monoxide detectors for my kid's house; the combination type of ceiling mounted ones with the 10 yr sealed batteries. Went to Amazon, and looked at the Kidde and...
1
1

Ode to a mouse
Welp! The old mouse I bought in 2005 finally gave up the ghost. LYNX L8A printed on the mfr tag. It came with a Great Quality computer that went for parts years ago. Mousie just quit responding -...
2
2

GE mark 2 ambassador heater
when I turn my heater on the pilot light but not the burners. I can hear tle c licking sound but no flames
3
3

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide House (Ceiling Mounted Detectors ?
Hello, Looked at the Kidde and First Alert sites, but could not find what I (think) I want Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Looking for a Combination Fire/Smoke Detector which also has...
4
4

(OT) Black Friday has been extended ....
Black Friday has been extended for the rest of the year.... * That means EVERY DAY is a FRIDAY !!! Why dont they just extend it till next November, on Thanksgiving day... Or maybe extend it till...

OT, Severe Drought
Kingsport, TV news Friday night: 25 new fires is TN since Thanksgiving, most in northeast Tennessee. Over 30,000 acres burned in Tennessee so far. When I walk on my lawn, I can hear the grass crackle!...
4
4

Fire Safety for the Holidays
That's right, my fridge has an inverter to run the compressor at various speed depending on demand. Shutting off all electronics is just plain dumb. I don't want to shut of my DVR. Cordless phones...
4
4