Ode to a mouse

Welp! The old mouse I bought in 2005 finally gave up the ghost. LYNX L8A printed on the mfr tag. It came with a Great Quality computer that went for parts years ago. Mousie just quit responding - connection and wheel all fine. Butt before I toss it out, I'll take it apart and see if there's an open circuit. If I can fix it I'll keep using it. It has the smoothest wheel of any and never a hiccup of any kind.

It's kinduh like grandfathers clock. So if dead as a hammer, we'll awl gather round and have a garbage can-side ceremony, make speeches, ex cetry.

Sniff, sniff, HONK! ====

2-9B4ABB02E82B The data sheet online says iOne / Qumax Corporation 48511 Warm Springs Blvd., Units 201 & 202 Fremont, CA 94539 USA Phone: (510) 413-9018 Fax: (510) 413-9010
Reply to
Newgene McMensa

"Newgene McMensa" <

It's kinduh like grandfathers clock. So if dead as a hammer, we'll awl gather round and have a garbage can-side ceremony, make speeches, ex cetry.

Sniff, sniff, HONK!

Check the solder connection where the cord enters the mouse.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Most mice would be in a mousetrap by now. But open it up and try cleaning the sensors. They kind of look like LEDs. Also check the cord with an ohm meter. If that dont fix it, buy a new one. Most of the time it's dirt inside, or a broken wire in the cord.

Reply to
Paintedcow