Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Blade for "Cultured Marble"
For making a half-dozen short (5") cuts in cultured marble, what kind of blade should I get for use on a table saw. I've heard recommendations to use a 7 1/4" blade on a 10" table saw to get the...
2
2

Good marker
I have been using white out for marking things. Is there a pen of some sort that is neater? I would need both white and black. Thanks.
3
3

Wing mirrors on cars
+1. I don't even think about turning around.
732
732

OT - funny obit
Cleaning up files I found this one which I thought I'd pass on. It is for real, as published. Walter G. Bruhl, Jr. Born in Philadelphia, PA on Apr. 20, 1933 Departed on Mar. 9, 2014 and resided in...
6
6

OT, BUT - Not politics!
Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day: Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens. Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?
9
9

Feeding plants flies for protein using soapy water
How does a single soap drop of "flak" incapacitate a housefly? Do you think the dish soap is bad or good for the plants? What is it about soapy water that knocks house flies right out of the air? In...
3
3

Michigan Idiot video
I often speak with people who have the false sense of security with the belief an SUV or AWD vehicle will prove better on ice. They ignore the reality that no amount of drive system or type of tire...
11
11

Inducer motor hitting metal.noise
I have a gas furnace with inducer motor. Recently it started to make a noise that I suspect is some kind of metal grinding noise. It only starts when the rpm is high. I tried to fix it by putting a...
12
12

HPS bulb is dim (2023 Update)
I just replaced a 70 watt LU70 bulb in my driveway and it won't get bright . It only stays dim. It comes on and off correctly but doesn't get that bri ght orange glow. Any ideas? The old bulb was...
3
3

Re: 'Most Expensive Mile On Earth': $4.4 Billion For NYC Subway...
Those blue states raid the road tax money for boondoggles like this and then complain their roads and bridges are crumbling. Why don't they simply raise ticket prices to cover the real cost of riding...
4
4

Does one need to s scrape wire before connecting; oil furnace questions
The the copper is clean, no need to scrape. Back in the old days when winding coils with enameled wire, they did have to be scraped. I still recall helping my little cousin get his crystal set...
11
11

New wood burning stove
I have a new wood burning stove that we installed last night and it has harsh chemical smell. My husband says the company told him it isn?t harmful. We could barely breath last night. I don?t believe...
3
3

Apple openly admits they never even once tested iOS in the real world!
*Apple openly admits they never even once tested iOS in the real world!* Verbatim quote: "Apple is basically telling us that it+IBk-s not testing iOS updates appropriately." *Apple makes its *users*...
3
3

Low police cars?
That doesn't stop your head from moving downwards.
14
14

call AL ask to send some warming
Freezing here too. It is 60 right now, I may need to put on a shirt to walk the dog.
6
6