Subject Author Posted Replies

Crimp sleeve or alternate ideas...
Very readily available for 6mm shafts - not so common for the smaller sizes.
85
85

Rolling road block?
Here in PA I81 on Apr 01 I was introduced to a rolling roadblock courtesy of Penn DOT. 50,000 cars doing 65 down to 2 mph. At noon they decided to fill pot holes. All lanes southbound doing a slow...
8
8

Man's Best Friend is NOT his Dog
Man's Best Friend is NOT his Dog Man's Best Friend IS his GUN. A gun can get you thru the worst of times as well as the best. If someone makes your life miserable, just one pull of the trigger and...
5
5

Better electrical connection
I mainly work with 10 - 22 gauge wire. I have been using the blade type connectors, but they are a bit klunky to attach. Is there anything better that I can solder my wires to? Thanks, Andy
46
46

Garage door jerks when opening
I've read and tried everything posted on this blog and NONE worked for me...but through other sites, a key element was pointed out, and that was about "Painted Issues". That, frustrated friends, was...
1
1

Department of Social Security Administration
A telescammer just left the following message on my GoogleVoice line.  Anyone else getting hit with this scam? "Phone call from our department is to inform you that we just suspend your social...
18
18

Is Boeing the GM of the aircraft industry?
Boeing Hit With New FAA Safety Directive Ahead of Shareholder Meeting it's a Boeing, I'm not going! Boeing shares extended declines Monday after the U.S. Federal Aviation Commission said it would...
4
4

Last words of Uncle Monster (William Lassiter)?
: >>> I'm OK sort of. I'm in the hospital. I was having a lot of trouble : >>> breathing and was very weak and having trouble moving around. I've : >>> been here for about 5 ncledays.I've been on IV...
277
277

Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - saving over $400
The mounting and ballancing on my Haks was free - cost me the same mounted and ballanced as "cash and carry" - and repairs are free for the life of the tire. I changed enough tires in my working years...
134
134

roofing products
IMO I'd go with a product that been on roofs for 30 years. That Certain Teed problem didn't show for many years after installation. Do the Northgates have a long track record The roofer I hired to put...
7
7

Soap for power washer
Apparently I'm wrong. I haven't been able to find anything negative about using dish detergent. In fact, there are some sites indicating how to make your own and what's best for cutting grease and...
10
10

Why not vent gas dryer into garage?
Our drier has vented into the garage since it was built - 50 years ago. I absolutely hate it. The lint flies EVerywhere causing a constant gritty mess. Haven’t noticed any issues with moisture tho.
1
1

Need a rain barrel?
Every once is a while the use of rain barrels come up here. I got an email from Lee Valley today that shows one they carry, 132 gallons. Garden & Lawn Tools - Lee Valley Tools Garden & Lawn Tools -...