Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Credit card problems
Lately I've been having a lot of problems using credit cards in stores. I get a 'card problem' message from the card reader and have to use a different card. I phone the card service and they send me...
16
16

Need help buying tires , 55 to 50
I have no idea on your questions regarding tires. Your '50' or '55' is an aspect ratio, not a diameter. If you knew the actual rollout (loaded circumference at proper pressure) you could know the...
19
19

plumbing nomenclature.
CBC on As It Happens just played an interview with a UK plumber, from 1994, which discussed the presesure being put on UK plumbers to stop using the terms ballcock and stopcock. Some national board...

Asphalt blocking door.
Hello. The side door into my garage will not open fully as the asphalt floor has lifted and is blocking the swing open. What can i do to shave off enough to open the door fully? Thanks, Tom.
2
2

Electric McCullough
My Electric McCullough chainsaw mini mac liking from oil reservoir, Thanks for your assistance Ed
6
6

Light switch height
I want to add a light switch for the lights in the garage, currently there is no switch in the garage, just inside the door in the house. I need to know what height to place the electrical box from...
46
46

story backwards
According to an NPR story, Ventech, a maker of ventilators (note its name), needed help with its part supply chain to make so many more at a time, and that it partnered with GM because GM could help...
15
15

A finishing start
  Yes , that does make sense , today I painted the first room of the house . It's my wife's craft/sewing room , and the first room to get the drywall finished . Actually looks better than I expected...
2
2

Re: Coronavirus US: Expert's stark death toll prediction
FYI Bod. Neither of my out-of-body experiences had anything to do with a medical condition or a medical facility. I was young and healthy and never lost consciousness. I will never forget them. No one...

Magic Chef electric oven problem - help!
Red light is on sh Ed n nothing is turned on..
2
2

Questions about mounting & balancing new LT tires on new steel rims at home (match mounting marks, red dots, yellow dots, & spacers)
Laufenn is an Indonesian tire company owned by Hankook of Korea. They build "value line" tires. In other words they use lower quality materials and a simpler design than the Hankook tires. They were...
47
47

Brown leaf spot disease ?
If you go to the garden shop, upt the leaf in a plastic bag. They don't want a possible infection in their greenhouse.
5
5

Lamp post GFI
Does not seem like a great idea. Yeah. I saw that two places in Colombia. There were "pirate" electrical outlets wired in directly to the power wires.
6
6

Need stove part
I need to find a replacement glass cooktop for a black maytag double oven. The model number of the stove is MER6770AAW. I have looked all over the internet and no one has one in stock. If anyone has...
11
11

Lawnmower only runs with starting fluid?
I smell another carburetor clogged up from obama's ethanol gas. Rebuild or replace.
2
2