Need stove part

I need to find a replacement glass cooktop for a black maytag double oven. The model number of the stove is MER6770AAW. I have looked all over the internet and no one has one in stock. If anyone has any ideas where I can find one I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
Sirbin2000

Looks like you may be buying a new stove. No longer available.

Ed Pawlowski

the Whirlpool part number. It is the entire cooktop, steel frame and glass. It is in stock at Easy Appliance Parts in canada under their part # EAP11759487 for $132.80 canadian. Also part # EAP 11764907 (oem part W10823697. $179.21 Canadian.

Does nor give colour but possibly one is black the other white. Both are in stock. PartSelect.ca also has them in stock.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I'd have guessed double that price. Even shipping to the US would not be too bad.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think we had a similar problem. Maytag was bought out a while back by Whirlpool and the part may still be available but under a different code. I would try to contact them.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

replying to Clare Snyder, Sirbin2000 wrote: Thank you very much I hope that site works out!!

Reply to
Sirbin2000

That sounds right. The replacement glass was $100 more than the whole cooktop when my wife broke ours.

Reply to
gfretwell

replying to Frank, Sirbin2000 wrote: Thanks a lot for the input!

Reply to
Sirbin2000

That's what I would have guessed too. One time I looked into it for a friend. He had paid about $250 for the whole stove and the cooktop was $200+

Reply to
trader_4

That is why I think of appliances as throw away items. The repair part is often a good percentage of the item. Then if I can not do the repair the labor will eat up the rest. Espcially if you get some TV advertiser repair place like that Benjerman Frankland that wanted $ 1800 to replace a water heater that a local plumber did for $ 950. If an item is close to 10 years old, I think of it as being the life of the item anyway. Stuff just does not last like it did years ago.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The electroluminescent display on the timer on our Frigidaire Gallery stove had dimmed to the point it was unreadable. Smooth top, self cleaning, convection . Not a cheap stove. My wife said just get a new one when it can't be seen any more. I had determined there was still a possibility of getting the timer rebuilt by a company in Ottawa who had at one time had a batch of new displays made. I called and reserved the last one they had in stock and took the timer out when I took my wife into the hospital for here heart valve replacement. It was back, repaired, when she got home. Good for another 15-20 years with any luck.(both wife and stove)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

A white-edged cooktop on a black casing might look tres chic!

Reply to
thekmanrocks