A finishing start

  Yes , that does make sense , today I painted the first room of the house . It's my wife's craft/sewing room , and the first room to get the drywall finished . Actually looks better than I expected , it's been a long long time since I did any drywall finish work . I still have the touch apparently , but I sure ain't as fast as I was 30 years ago ! I still need to do some trim work , but that can wait until I get cabinets and such installed . Tomorrow it gets a second coat of paint and I'll get started on cutting plywood for storage shelving - she's got several large suitcases full of fabric , quilt tops , and other assorted craft supplies that need a place to live . And since we're self quarantiningfor now , I need to get things back to where she can do some of her magic . She's not used to keeping herself busy at home like I am ... this crap all hit the fan just a week or so after she retired , didn't give her a chance to adjust to her "new reality" .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Good move on your part. Next to the bathroom, mama's room is most important. Building a house is more of a project than I would ever tackle.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

  Having worked in construction-related trades all my life I know what the labor costs are - and how much those tradesmen care about your project . Nobody cares as much as you do ... and the main bathroom is next . Got it emptied (pretty much) and have been alternating between it and her room with the mud work .   I figure we'll have around 35k give or take into materials for this project by the time I finish it , and the house (and property) should appraise for around $125-145k depending on the market . The one thing I might hire out will be the stone work on the foundation , I've done a little and it's pretty hard work for an old man . Starting with picking up rocks out in the woods and in the creek bed - that's work for the young folks .
Reply to
Terry Coombs