Asphalt blocking door.

Hello. The side door into my garage will not open fully as the asphalt floor has lifted and is blocking the swing open. What can i do to shave off enough to open the door fully? Thanks, Tom.

Reply to
Tom Mcilravey

gets in your lungs and causes cancer and other problems. Not sure what you have but the typical 9 x 9 tiles are pretty inert and don't move. Did something under them move? Can that be repaired?

May be easier and safer to trim the door.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I suspect he means an ASPHALT floor - as in asphalt cement paving material. It is likely heaved due to moisture and frost and with luck it will settle whenthe weather gets warm. With such a bodged up system maybe he should just take his chainsaw and cut the bottom of the door off. To fo iut right he would pull the hing pins, remove the door, and cut odd what is required with a circular saw. Sounds like too much to take off easily with a box plane or rasp.

Reply to
Clare Snyder