Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Jackson noses bequeathed
Not sure how true this is. But, "this just in"
7
7

Home sewer pipe relining
Is home sewer pipe relining a good idea? As opposed to trenching and laying in a new sewer pipe. Does it really last 50 years like the plumbing companies that do this claim? The drain is supposed to...
7
7

Ceiling fan: brands?
I want to buy a ceiling fan for a medium-sized bedroom with 8' ceilings. The brands that SWMBO has looked at on the web include Hunter, Hampton Bay, and Casablanca. Some advice I've seen on...
31
31

Replacing Fan in a High Ceiling - Ideas?
I need to replace a ceiling fan that is suspended from a high ceiling. The ceiling is about 20 feet up and the fan is on about a 6 foot down rod. I can reach the fan motor OK with my 10 foot ladder....
7
7

Perimeter insecticide: Which one?
I want to buys some kind of insecticide to spay around outside of perimeter of home to keep bugs down.... ALL kinds of bugs There are many brands to chose from. Any advice or links to reviews and what...
9
9

Refrigerator condenser
Shouldn't the refrigerator condenser be outside? Or at least the back of the fridge sticking outside for greater efficiency and not heating up the house in the summer.
2
2

Structural Wood Replacement Guidelines after Termite Infestation?
Hi all: I previously asked here about replacing exterior wall structural members after a termite infestation ( and I've finally gotten around to actually doing the work. Are there rules of thumb,...
3
3

Bondo vs Latex Putty?
I have to fill some rotted areas in the exterior frame of some windows. I already have some latex exterior putty which I can build up in layers. The areas in question are about as wide as a pencil and...
22
22

bug report anytime i post something here I get
The archive for this group is currently unavailable. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again shortly. after awhile things work again. is it just me, or a larger problem and who to...
8
8

Has anyone got a plow blade hooked up to a (2x2") car reciever hitch ?
Im looking for a small 4 or 5' wide blade that i can move sand with . About 12" high or more. Has anyone modified a blade to fit their hitch ? If not, what is a good magazine where i can find a...

Cedar siding repair
I built a small cedar shed last fall out of cedar siding -- this stuff if you care: was getting ready to put stain on it this weekend when I noticed a small "knothole" sort of hole in one of the...
5
5

Staining new Pella casement windows
They are pine on the inside. From what I've read the process should go like this - Lightly sand with 180 grit or finer sand paper. Pella recommends applying a wood conditioner. Think Minwax makes...
2
2

Steam Paint Removal: Live Broadcasts
We are live-broadcasting our Barn Paint & Wood Repairs Project on most fair-weather days June through July. See it here: work includes: ==> Steam Paint Removal: equipment, tools, methods and...

wireing new compresser question
ok. I have power to a switched box that i will wire to my compressor. i have 4-strand 6 gauge cord. problem is compressor has 2 hot and a ground, no neutral. what do i do with my white wire? my...
14
14

auto shutoff or just compressor off.. two kenmore models (7800 vs 6000 btu)
I found this 7800 btu model: this 6000 btu model ($50 more): confused, based on one review on the 6000 btu unit, it sounds like this unit actually completely shuts off when the temperature is reached,...