Perimeter insecticide: Which one?

I want to buys some kind of insecticide to spay around outside of perimeter of home to keep bugs down.... ALL kinds of bugs

There are many brands to chose from.

Any advice or links to reviews and what really works well? best bang for buck, et?

Reply to
me

Diazanon worked very well. Unfortunately some golf courses were using it near water hazards, and it didn't do the migratory waterfowl a lot of good, so they pulled it off the market a few years ago. I'd just go with whatever the major brands like Ortho are offering and hope for the best.

By the way - if you are hoping for an electric fence type of action, you're going to be disappointed. Most bugs take up klan residence and don't move in and out.

I've tried to convince the spousal unit that it would be far more effective keeping the floors cleaner and thus removing the bugs food source than spraying the foundation and putting bug traps everywhere. That isn't well received...

Reply to
Robert Neville

Use a good outdoor perimeter insecticide, as well as an interior one.

Reply to
Pete C.

Robert Neville wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Many bugs are just looking for the environment; heat, cool, water, light, shelter, cable TV, etc and has nothing to do with cleanliness.

Maybe well deserved...but on the other hand I've seen some lazy pigs too.

Reply to
Red Green

I like their Home Defense. It works and doesn't stink. Terro is good (or bad, actually!) for ants.

That doesn't explain why ants enter, march around the rim of the bathtub and then exit.

Reply to
The Real Bev

I bought a package ot Terro. Put package next to sink. NO more ants. And I NEVER opened the package. Sometimes a show of force is all that is needed:-))

Lou

Reply to
LouB

I just sprinkled some Spectracide ant shield around house. Like other stuff I tried, I don't expect it to work but they do guarantee money back if it doesn't.

Earlier this year, I went around perimeter of the house with three different materials and still got ants in the house.

Reply to
Frank

clipped

Psychological warfare? :o) Cleanliness is one solution. Plugging gaps, like pipe entries, is another. Bugs move in when there is food or shelter. All kinds of ants (fire, carpenter) like my flower pots when there is too much rain and the ground is wetter than they desire. Bugs also move in to seek moisture. I lived in one house that always had ants in the bathroom; no food there but for occ. smear of toothpaste. Roaches LOVE a pile of paper grocery sacks, old envelopes (glue is ROACH FOOD), corrugated boxes, etc. We closed up our camper for too long and forgot to remove all food. Roaches chewed into my rubber flip-flops and chewed through unopened paper inner wrap on Ritz crackers. Nasty!

Reply to
norminn

Chlordane (wait, they banned it) Heptachlor (banned) Dursban (you guessed it) Diazinon (yep)

Guess you're out of luck.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Hey Bob, you are giving out "negative vibes."

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581