Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Top Ten Hated Highways
Three of them are in California. <> Three highways in California ranked among the worst-regarded roads in the country, according to a new survey. Roads in Pennsylvania and Colorado rounded out the top...
15
15

ping - Clare - brake issues
I have a 2004 Sienna that seems to have continuous problems with irregular braking. It just always seems to brake irregullarly after the brakes warm up. It get a periodic pulsing to the braking force...

They're coming for your lawnmower
In article , says... I doubt that most if not all that vote for the battery powered equipment have ever mowed the lawn or trimmed the hedges and other things that the...
4
4

Permit nightmare: S.F. homeowner's 'absurd' journey to build a bacony
On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 00:12:02 -0000 (UTC), "Leroy N. Soetoro"
6
6

Needed tools for home repair.
Since this is home repair, here are some tools you need for a happy home. There is still time to buy one or several of these for family members. I'm hoping eventually to have all of them.

Not sure if this is the place
I am looking at some used leather for a project. It was salvaged from an old supposedly "high end" chesterfield (couch). It was originally a dark "milk chocolate" brown and on the high wear portions...
5
5

OT Happy Tea Party Day.
OT Saturday, today in an hour, is the 250th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. But it seems things are forgiven. The British East India Company has donate a whole bunch of tea to be dumped in the...

Repairing Formica counter top
I have a Formica counter top with a 4" lip at the back that it 1" thick. That 4" lip is separating from the wall, stretching the caulking to the point were it cracking and "grinning". I can push the...
20
20

Police outline different ride options
This police department outlines different ride options if you are celebrating the holidays. Don’t waste your holiday shopping money on bail! If you’ve been drinking, call a sober friend, taxi, or...
2
2

Who is responsible for the meter
AIUI the usual rule is that the water company is responsible for all the pipes up to the meter and the homeowner is responsible for all the pipes from the meter to the house and in the house. But who...
5
5

OT. Tesla Recall
Tesla is recalling vehicles because the vehicle doesn't monitor the driver closely enough. <> The recall comes after a two-year investigation into a series of crashes that happened while the Autopilot...
6
6

OR: the perfect gift for the golfer in your family!
is what happens to fisherman when they live unrighteous lives, and, ell, die. PUTT-Y TRAINING - Help even the crappiest golfer improve their putting game while pulling double duty and answering...

I chose the wrong career
Until today, I thought I made a decent living in the path I followed but I was wrong. I'd have done much better playing baseball. Admittedly, I'm not as good as this guy, but I'd have taken a measly 5...
23
23

Drilling
Once in a while an old memory from my work days pops into my head. One day I saw my boss up on a ladder drilling a hole in an I-beam in order to mount a hoist. I walked by again and he was still there...
11
11

6" curbs
IN two locations, a private townhouse n'hood and a public street, I've seen them putting curbs that, instead of the typical 4" high, are 6" high with an almost square corner at the top. If you hit...
5
5