They're coming for your lawnmower

Democrats have launched a proposal in the state of Washington to put in jail those who use gasoline-powered lawn mowers.

Slay News reports the plan from state Reps. Amy Walen and Liz Berry specifies jail for those "law-abiding citizens" if they are caught using gas-powered gardening tools.

They say that will help in their fight against "climate change," a political agenda that a coalition of some 1,600 scientists has described as not being any emergency.

The lawmakers' plan, House Bill 1868, demands no more emissions "from outdoor power equipment."

Robert L Peters

Well , there goes the logging industry . You don't really think this is aimed just at lawn mowers do you ? Back to breaking soil for your garden with a shovel ... if gardens are still allowed .

Reply to
Snag

The local ordinance requires that I mow my lawn. My Honda pushmower burns about a gallon an hour.

Nancy Piglosi's frivolous jet burns 500 gallons per hour.

Reply to
Skid Marks

I doubt that most if not all that vote for the battery powered equipment have ever mowed the lawn or trimmed the hedges and other things that the gas powered lawn and garden equipment is used for.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Ann Arbor City Council has done all those things. OTOH, residential lawns in town are typically pretty small.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton