Lawnmower Left Out In The Rain

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

Reply to
Terry S.

Buy a spray can of starting fluid ($4.00), remove the air filter, open the choke, spray a quick spritz of the above into the carburetor, reapply the choke and give it a pull.

Being left out in the rain, two days ago, shouldn't cause the problem you are experiencing, unless the rain storm was bordering on a flood.

While it is off, check the air filter and make sure it is dry.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Craftsman = Sears don't wait too long .. Sears is bankrupt.

Electric start ?

Safety interlocks issue ?

Wet grass clogged ? preventing a proper spin for starting ?

< place next 50 wild guesses here >

Good luck. Honda small engines are famous for reliability and starting. .. whether a lawn mower, portable generator, portable sawmill ; etc

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Dump all the gas (and rainwater) out of the tank. Drain the carb. Put in fresh gas. Might not hurt to set it out in the sun for an hour or two before refilling. Should start just fine. I've picked quite a few off the kurb and that's all that was required to get them going (some almost brand new - - - )

Reply to
clare

UPDATE: I changed the air filter and let the mower dry for a couple of days. That's all it needed....it's now working fine.

Reply to
Terry S.