Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Hey Fretwell, a question
Someone I know just lost her job at the naval station in Kingsland, GA. There was a death there so they shut down whatever civilian job she had there. She does have a CDL and is interviewing with a...
25
25

good windshield wipers?
Hi All, Forester 2006 Where can I get good windshield wipers that don't crap out in a year? I really only need the blades, not the whole assembly. Many thanks, -T
4
4

Drill Press Travel
I am working on some projects and I am disappointed in how little travel the quill on my drill press has. Its only about 1.25 in. Are there drill presses sold that have quills that will travel 3- 4...
7
7

1/2 ips vs npt?
Hi All, I am looking for a 1/2" ips male to male nipple to adapt a hand held showed head. What is the different between ips and npt threads? Many thanks, -T
6
6

yard tool stand
When I inheriited our home's yard work five years ago I got an office garbage pail and stood yard tools up in it. It tilted, so I found this Rubbermaid triangular stand with slots for each tool. Tools...
3
3

Flex Seal edurance properties.
Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and cracking? I surmise it is essential a polymerised version of bytyl rubber flashing. I have supported a rotted bath wall...
4
4

OT what if mail server full?
What happnens if the mail server gives you 2gigs of storage but you never delete anything and it fills up, to 2 gigs. Typically, do they just stop accepting mail, or do they delete your oldest mail to...
13
13

National Walking Sprinkler
I have a B 3 National Walking Sprinkler and need to purchase a 9/64 Round Hole Nozzle that screws into the end of one of the spray arms. National Walking has gone out of business and no longer has...

car battery
I am in need of a new battery for my truck. Doing some research I found for the same price there are 2 batteries of the same series that will fit . Both are the same price. However one is a size 35...
30
30

OT. FREE food.
The Petro chain of truck stops is giving away a meal to veterans on November 11. <> Iron Skillet Restaurant Inside Petro Travel Centers: We make it easy to stop for a hot meal on the way to your...
1
1

Ceiling Fan LIGHTS Dim or not at all
I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a 3 bulb light fixture. The bulbs are either very dim or do not come on at all. What controls the voltage to the bulbs - and are they universal or proprietary?
5
5

Emergency powers of an HOA's property management company.
It seems to me that our HOA's management company only has "emergency powers" when it can't contact the president, or another board member, or a majority of the board. Is that true? In Maryland. (The...
45
45

OT. Trucker's Opinion About Shipping Delays
<> I have a simple question for every ‘expert’ who thinks they understand the root causes of the shipping crisis: I’m a Class A truck driver with experience in nearly every aspect of...
8
8

Fixing vacuum canister
The latch that opens the canister to dump the debris got cracked and cannot latch. What would be best way to fix this? If gluing what would you recommend? Thank you Pamrla
15
15

OT. Gasoline Price
It's $3.18/gallon with 10% ethanol at Casey's today in a nearby town.
79
79