Ceiling Fan LIGHTS Dim or not at all

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a 3 bulb light fixture. The bulbs are either very dim or do not come on at all. What controls the voltage to the bulbs - and are they universal or proprietary?

Reply to
jerry

I suppose it depends on the model but the 2 wire fan I have has a remote that talks to a module inside that controls the light and fan. It does appear to be a Hampton Bay part. HD should have it, either in the store or online. First be sure you are using the right kind of bulbs. Some older units may be picky about CFLs and LEDs. You also may just have a loose wirenut in the fan where the light hooks up.

Reply to
gfretwell

PIs this a previously working unit with a new problem or a unit that has never worked properly?

Is the symptom (dim or off) a random occurrence (sometimes dim, sometimes off) or do specific user actions cause one or the other to happen consistently?

Can you take a bulb out and look at it?

Model number? Is there a remote?

The more info you supply, the more specific we can be with our answers.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Has it ever worked right? When did it start having a problem? After you replaced a bulb? After a fire or earthwquake? ;-)

Reply to
micky

Does the fan itself work ok? Bad neutral maybe.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I don't know. Maybe you should ask the OP. ;-)

Reply to
Marilyn Manson