My Kousa Dogwood has no leaves yet!

I had a Kousa Dogwood planted last fall and its about 6 feet tall. It is now May 5th and I live in the Boston area and there are still no signs of leaves on the tree. The buds have been visible for a month or so and on some of them you can even see they opened a little but nothing came there. It's as if it stunted. My newly planted Japanese Maple is completely full of leaves now. Does anyone know if this is normal for this time of year for the Kousa to still not have any leaves or is there a problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Kousas leaf out a bit later than Japanese maples, and newly transplanted trees often take longer to emerge from dormancy than established ones. Give it a bit more time before panicking. Not much to be done about it anyway!
Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlink.net
Zone 6, South-central PA

Well that's not necessarily true since the nursery guarantees everything they plant for one year and if this thing doesnt sprout leaves and flower, I am going to want it replaced.
Ok, point taken, what I meant was, there's nothing you can do to make it break dormancy faster.
Sue

Give
anyway!
wisconsin, my kousa arent leafed out yet either. remember, the bracts arent going to look like anything for a while. they will be small and green and then slowly will get bigger and turn white... but then you will have them for a month or more. http://puregold.aquaria.net/landscape/kousa/kousa.html Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Jammed Out) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Jammed Out) expounded:

I live probably 20 miles south of you and mine is just starting to leaf out. It was a hard winter, don't give up yet, give it some more time.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
On Wed, 05 May 2004 09:14:14 -0400, Jammed Out wrote:

Mine isn't out yet either and I'm in NY. They'll come, relax!