Dogwood tree root depth

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood tree is ?

If this is the incorrect NG to use, perhaps somebody can suggest a proper NG.

Reason why I am asking this question is that I just had two overflow pits located and stack pipes installed on each one. The guy did not want to put any chemicals in the overflow pit that is close to the Dogwood tree. The overflow pit is at least five feet below grade.

Thanks.

Reply to
Vince

6 feet
Reply to
Charles Schuler

Where did you get that figure?

Reply to
aspasia

Reply to
nospambob

GOOD HE DOESNT WANT TO KILL YOUR TREE!

When FULL the overflow can saturate all the way to the surface, chemicals will kill your tree, dogwoods are beautiful but sensitive. avoid herbecides under your tree too.

my neighbor had her yard chem lawned for weeds it killed her dogwood.

Reply to
hallerb

GOOD HE DOESNT WANT TO KILL YOUR TREE!

When FULL the overflow can saturate all the way to the surface, chemicals will kill your tree, dogwoods are beautiful but sensitive. avoid herbecides under your tree too.

my neighbor had her yard chem lawned for weeds it killed her dogwood.

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
Vince

Charles Schuler

I'm impressed! Just wanted to make sure you didn't pull figure out of thin air. (Ducks to avoid retaliatory blow...)

Reply to
aspasia

Hey, don't duck ... I also have been known to ask for some credibility. Usenet demands that, from time to time.

Remain a skeptic, as that will help protect you.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I didn't see anything on that page that referenced root depth in feet. The article was on depth of soil coverage above the first root flare - typically measured as a few inches. Interesting reading, though.

RicodJour