And some people say there's no God..........

Page 7 of 7
On 19 Aug 2006 12:00:00 -0700, "Chris H. Fleming"

I'm not sure I understand. Would I say what?
I am a native New Yorker. I don't live there any more, but everyone I know does. While watching the first tower, then seeing the second plane as it drove through the second tower I didn't know what to day. I remember saying: what the fuck was that.
It was an unimanaged horror for everyone involved. I cried and got very quiet.

Any form of self-delusion is a potentially damaging thing. The real-world evidence for such a case is overwhelming. Delusion is NOT benign, even if it does make the deludee 'feel better'.
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:53:52 +0930, Michael Gray

Yes, I get that and I'm with you on delusion being the cause of great suffering. That said, I do not believe in bashing someone in the head with my aethiesm, they wouldn't hear me. So, since I may or may not be more informed than a believer it's not up to me to make that correction. People have to come to their own conclusions, many go along the god train. It's a lot easier for many people think something is "doing" it for them. I don't get that, but I allow for it. I couldn't change it if I tried.
Jangchub wrote:

Atheist trolls save no souls, it's true.
I don't go running into Churches screaming "There is no god, you are all free!". But what about when the believer intentionally shares his dellusion with nonbelievers? Do you think the nonbelievers should just shut up and take it? I think there is a place and a time for the overt rejection of irrationality. And I think when somebody is attempting to push their irrationality on you, that is probably a good time to reject it. The more positive the better. People have to much ego to accept truths that offend them.

Except that Theists steal my money, in the form of tax exemption. They get preferential treatment in the law. They can force me to choose between going to one of their wars, or face punishment. The direct an palpable effects are legion, and very real. I do not have to lift a finger, nor even squeak about atheism to have my taxes stolen from me and given to fund church officials and directly enable them to sexually and mentally molest my children.
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:58:50 +0930, Michael Gray

This is a whole other subject. By the way, I have been misspelling "aetheist." I picture in my head "aerobic" and it comes out. Anyway, I am in full agreement with you, but this is a program as a result of the U.S. and its current administration.
Our president is a fanatic, maybe even evil. This faith based initiative is complete shit and we all know it, including him. How much money has this program given to anyone outside of fundamental Christian churches? That's easy, none.
I can't really argue because everything you said is true, so we agree on this.