How can you say no?

I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.

This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the eighteenth, you chip in from 50 yards out.

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon, You must say yes! I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make the knot garden, you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give to Kim tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a shadow box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really hoping you are interested. Sincerely, Joanne

Reply to
Leon

I had no idea of what a "knot garden" was until I googled it. Be glad she is making that part! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"Embroidered knot garden, shadow boxes, curio cabinets? There is a disturbing pattern here. Are you turning into an artsy fartsy woodworker? ;-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Looks like too much work for you Leon ;-) That might take you all morning.

Reply to
woodchucker

Armed with 30 or 40 seconds of familiarity with knot gardens, I am puzzled by the specification above. Why would one open one side of a planter box, and how would one get it closed again if some of the soil shifts?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

I think it's not a growing garden I think it's embroidery.

Reply to
woodchucker

Dear Leon, You must say yes! I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden.

Hah! A somewhat similar request, I had, to make the vertical planters for the master gardeners. Back then, I had no idea what a vertical planter was.

It's these atypical projects, I find, that can be challenging, in their own right. Kinna like applying one idea/application for/to another media/genre.

I'll look forward to the results. You'll have to show us Joanne's embroidery, also. Appreciating another's skills, in a different media, is enjoyable and appreciated, also, as with your wife's quilts.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'll have to do some research also.. I'm clueless.

Reply to
Leon

Ah'rek'n so. LOL. Swingman accused me of this when I designed and built the walnut entertainment nook innerd's

Reply to
Leon

I think you are right, she is a major sewing person.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's probably something like a piled up extension cord or rope. They tangle and create knots just like a garden grows weeds. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That first sentence is worthy of a 20% price increase!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

His wife will override that... :-O

Reply to
woodchucker

I thought the same til I googled for "_embroidered_ knot garden"

Reply to
Larry W