BLO...

I left a can of boiled linseed oil open for 3 days. Damn. I took a diversion the other day and decided to refinish a few hand planes that I got 10 years ago... wooden ones. I had come across them in a storage bin while looking for something. I just decided that more than 10 years is long enough... lets see how they work, and if they work ok, I would finish them later.... well later was 2 hours after I determined that there was some promise there.

So I dyed, stained, and put blo over them.. not all at once !!! Anyway, I just discovered I left the can open for 3 days.

Think that can is trashed? I imagine it will gel up pretty fast... What do you think?

Reply to
woodchucker

I think I'd poke the skin on top of the finish and pour it off into another container. You may get some more life out of it yet...

Reply to
Kevin Miller

Is it gelled now?

If yes, trash it.

If no, put the cap on and don't worry about it.

Reply to
dadiOH