Some people will pinch anything...

Renovating the bathroom at handyman towers 11, replaced the old basin & WC.

Left the old basin & WC on the drive, they were there for over a week cos I didn't have time to take them to the tip.

Old basin (minus taps) was dreadful, crazed & chipped, the waste was disgusting - so bad SWMBO has been using the kitchen sink when cleaning her teeth. Pedestal wasn't up to much either.

Cistern didn't flush properly despite a repair attempt, old style ball valve, full of lime scale, loose flush handle.

Low & behold - someone has pinched them!

Don't mind, saves me a job, but why on earth would anyone want them?

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Easily smashed to make a small quantity of hardcore for a path repair?

Reply to
newshound

Did you check inside - they probably used it, or someone else had already done so...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Bloke round the corner left his in the front garden and planted a Camellia in it. Seems to be thriving.

Reply to
stuart noble

Ha, the prop loos on the Casualty set would get used at times. Not plumbed in at all not even a fake soil pipe attached to the rear exit spigot or a fake water supply pipe. As there was normally a bit of loo paper involved we figured it was female supporting artist. Cast and Crew knew they were non-practical.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I hear it's an everyday occurrence in bathroom shops.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Garden feature maybe?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yep; by little kids usually

David

Reply to
Lobster

Fittings. You'll find the smashed remnants of them in a ditch.

No brass in that, except some clinkers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Damn near happened to me when I asked in a new shed where the loos were. The woman on the desk pointed me towards the display area, where some of them were set up in cubicles and one in particular looked as if it could have been a 'user', it being around the corner and not publically visible. Somebody who wasn't clued-up about the differences could have been easily fooled into actually using it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Being desperate "to go" I asked (in French [1]) where the toilets where at a historic monument.

The guide took me to a tumbledown pile of rocks.

Three attempts later I got pointed to that which I needed.

tim

[1] and before anyone makes any comments about "the French", it wasn't in France
Reply to
tim.....

Where were you and what did they think you were asking for?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater :

I had the opposite problem at ROH Covent Garden, where the ushers kept directing me to the toilets when I'd actually asked where the cloakroom was.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

N Africa

I couldn't make it clear that I was asking to *use* a toilet rather than view a toilet (in this case Roman)

tim

Reply to
tim.....