What's wrong with my apple tree?

Page 2 of 2
In article

You are new here, aren't you?
One suggestion, stop digging.
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
Billy wrote:

Yes, and don't forget, this is Billy's territory. You don't mess with him and his church of the organics.
Sherwin
steven_nospam at Yahoo! Canada wrote:

So it wasn't just me that was confused? That's good. I couldn't what her problem was.
Brian
--
Day 176 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
Billy wrote:

I don't know. That's why I'm confused.
Brian
--
Day 177 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project

You mean you don't know what your problem is?;O)
William Rose wrote:

Ah, if only.
Brian
--
Day 177 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project

In article

What ever Lilah's reasons, they are no concern of ours, or do you deem yourself the great decider? As you say, you may not be up to date on Doo's passion for the most caustic of pesticides. No, he is not a total fool, but in his past postings, he has shown no concern for the environment beyond the fig leaf of cost analysis.
His concern about the diagnosis of apple scab went beyond diagnosis, he had decided that no other opinion was needed, once he had stated the obvious (to him).
True the pictures of apple scab were similar, but not exactly the same. So why would he complain about a second opinion? Hubris.
We of wrecked gardens aren't here to ask why, but to answer as best we know.
I would say that your two presumptions were wide of the mark (my opinion). It is more of the reaction you might have when a bum comes up to you and says, "Why don't you give me your money?" It's more revulsion at the way he does it, than a reaction to what he does. I suspect that Doo is a commercial grower, and doesn't care if there is poison on his fruit, as long as it looks good.
I'd be surprised, if she gave you an answer because of the way you characterized her, but I've been wrong before.
Good luck.
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common

I doubt it.
Steve wrote:

Right, I am a backyard orchardist with about 20 trees.
Billy thinks that I am going to poison the world from my backyard. He probably drives a pollution machine, heats his home with a furnace producing hydrocarbons, etc.,etc. In short, he is a fanatic, out to save the world. If you see someone flying around with a big 'O' on his chest, it's Billy, Organic Man.
Sherwin
steven_nospam at Yahoo! Canada wrote:

Steve,
You have to understand the history of the exchanges between Billy and myself. He is very closed minded about spraying, and vilifies me for doing so. I think his post about going to an extension office was kind of a slap at me as being not qualified to interpret the original poster's issue, even though she posted a nice picture of her attacked tree. I have been growing fruit for over 20 years, and enjoy the knowledge gained in that, plus that I have acquired through my fruit growing club. Most of them would concurs with me that people should not be growing apples. if they are organic, unless they take extraordinary measures like covering each apple with a bag, or worse yet, allowing a good portion of their fruit to get wormy. Yesterday, I discarded about 80 percent of my Lubsk Queen Apples because I didn't spray often enough and had no time to cover them.
Sure, people can go to their extension office, etc., for more advice, but why post on this forum. We can just tell every one that if you have a plant problem, take it to the experts. My personal experience with extension services, botanic gardens, etc.,is that most of them have no experience or knowledge of how to take care of fruit trees. I felt my diagnosis was good enough, but Billy had to put in his two cents worth. Why bother with this obvious alternative.
Sherwin
Lilah Morgan wrote:

so I will not waste my time telling you how to grow apples. You should be growing pears, peaches, etc., which are easier to grow organically.
Sherwin