brown spots on coleus leaves

My coleus plants that I have recently brought inside have brown spots near the central vein. The spots are elongated and irregulary shaped. Does anyone have any ideas about the cause?

Before I brought them inside, they may have been getting a touch too much sun. I know they are shade lovers. Could that have been the cause?

Reply to
Deb

Mine are doing that too. I suspect they are dying from the shock of environment change. I'm going to take fresh coleus cuttings from outside before the first frost and start new plants for next spring.

Reply to
Phisherman

Another factor could be overwatering.

Reply to