Christmas Palms have brown Spots on leaves...HELP!

I just bought a bunch of xmas palms and foxtail palms.. I went out of town for 10 day right after buying them and a friend came over and watered them while I was gone..

They all have brown spots on them now.. The foxtail has a brown coating on the stem. I don't know it that's normal or not so I took a picture of it too..

I live in Miami Florida ..

Here is a link to all the pictures.. Click enter on the website to view all 11 pictures..

Please help if you can ...

Jason

can No one help?

Reply to
Jason

website to

Hi J Find somewhere to host the images where we don't have to register to view them. Sorry but I get enough spam as it is.

Could be lots of things but we need to see the images first.

-- Gerry

... for responsible gardening

Reply to
KM

Thanks KM for your reply.. I didn't realize you had to register to view them.. I'll find another place..

Reply to
Jason

Sorry about that.. Here are links to two of the Adonidia leaves at a free no register site.. Thanks for pointing that out to me..

?loc=img9&image=CIMG0456.JPG

Reply to
Jason

at a

went out of

over and

Well, I don't think I would blame the friend. New plants, change of environment, etc.

Looks like you might have a leafspot disease there but it's probably secondary. ie the leaves got damaged physically allowing a weak disease into the damaged area.

My guess is they got scorched - maybe come out of a shady store onto your bright windowsill?

Forget about sprays or fungicides. Don't water on the leaves, especially if they are in direct sunlight. You'll get a lens effect concentrating the light and burning the leaves. I would expect the new leaves to grow healthy and in due course, the older, damaged ones can be removed.

Beware of spraying air-freseheners etc in the same room.

It's a pain but they should recover given time and care - watering and light feeding, directly into the pot.

-- Gerry

... for responsible gardening

Reply to
KM

Thanks Gerry... I thought it may have something to do with water on the leaves.. The trees are outside and the sun in Miami is strong..

Although, I had two choices when ordering sungrown or shade grown and I ordered the sungrown..

Thanks for your response...

I'm always open to anyone else's opinions also,.

Jason