Stevia

Does anyone know about stevia? Where I can get seeds? Larry
larry wrote:

Richters, among other places. Dunno about germination though, the ones I've got growing I bought as plants.
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed
Henriette Kress wrote:

Henrietta, how do you actually 'use' it?
Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

I dry the leaves and then grind them up into a powder. I use the powder in tea, coffee, iced tea or anything else that I want to sweeten and don't mind the green coloring.
Bobbett
Mike Stevenson wrote:

Good link. Thanks bunches. I had been thinking about growing some next year. I think you have helped me make my decision.
Bill
FDA be darned!
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

I got my seeds from Park Seeds (http://www.parkseed.com ). I got a few seeds as a "freebie" with my order last year and just bought another package to grow another batch. It's Item #0265 and is listed as "Sugar Plant."
I just transplanted a fair sized stevia (~2+ feet tall) into a nice pot and gave it to a friend for her diabetic husband.
Thanks for the link for the extra information. I'll forward the URL to my friend.
Nyssa, up to her armpits in cukes and tomatoes
Updating this older message about Stevia, which can be used as a sugar substitute.

plant
"Nyssa" wrote...

From the 2004 catalogs:
Territorial Seed Company, page 158, has Stevia extract and a cookbook. www.territorialseed.com