Geranium cuttings

I love white geraiums and last year I had some pure white plants from a supermarket. I liked them so much I decided to take 10 cuttings last September over winter them in my glass verander and plant them out this year. All 10 cuttings survived ok and I have planted them into my garden expecting them to be pure white as last year. They have flowered a very pale pink, can anyone explain this?
--
coykiesaol

coykiesaol;925179 Wrote:

I could not advise you to eat them, although i'll tell you i'd probably eat them unless they're growing near spilt oil or chemicals, a septic tank, stagnant water, some animal/s corpse/s or fresh animal feces, because i'm so tight-fisted. I suppose they COULD be potentially be harmful... you never know what the previous tenants have chucked in that soil, but that'd still be the case if you'd have decided to grow your own potatoes in there. but i suppose as the e coli outbreak in Europe proves, shop bought veggies COULD be potentially harmful too.
--
godkingross

Songbird, I believe this is your cue.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True
Billy wrote:

?
songbird

I thought we had agreed that you would be the patron saint of the clueless, and deranged usenet travelers who found themselves in "wrecked gardens", instead of David and I savaging them. I believe the above qualifies. The the OP gives no clues as to the environment of the "feral" potatoes except that they are in some kind of border, and responding poster never tries to ascertain possible pollutants, but instead rattles off a shopping list of possible dangers, blatantly leaving out "radioactive waste".
Requesting information as to the length of occupancy and chemicals applied could have shed some light on the puzzle. "A septic tank, stagnant water, some animal/s corpse/s or fresh animal feces" don't really enter in to it unless the OP plans on eating the potatoes raw.
I think my curmudgeoning here is done.
<http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/03/three-possible-cases-of-e-coli-ill ness-in-u-s/>
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True
Billy wrote:

noway hozay. i'm on short rations today and have to skip those. otherwise i would be writing a novel on another group about how proper landscaping saves more $ and effort than trying to cover it over and finding out later it still looks like crap.

glow in the dark tater tots! a late night snack for the elderly who no longer care about their expected kick off date.

i'm more worried about the new strain in Europe/Germany making a jump across the pond.
songbird

According to the article, they've done it.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True

"Aus" simply is a misspelling of "Ass". Now, if the actual productive contributors here could resist quoting the argumentative, self-important, all-knowing twits....

Still killing honeybees?
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True

And I'm wondering if that 'ass' is supposed to mean 'arse' since knowing the difference between a derriere and a donkey is beyond so many people.
wrote in message

territory including the two you mentioned, both with and without a prefix. Steve
On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:08:36 -0400, Steve Peek wrote:

In the US, the terme "arse" is well known. We understand it to be "ass" with a British drawl. This is not meant to imply that our understanding is in anyway correct, but the word is known.

But "arse" does demarcate that space encircled by the sphincter from the donkey.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True

Precisely. :-))
wrote in message

It'd be good if you mob would adopt the spelling if it's well known. Donkeys are delightful animals and I'm sure must object vociferously to such abusive mangling of their name.

And well you should be.
<http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2011/06/20116413543280445.html Mystery deepens over E. coli poisoning

LOL. But done well.
'Billy[_10_ Wrote: > ;925459']In article snipped-for-privacy@ID-306963.user.uni-berlin.de,

> probably

> the

> (http://tinyurl.com/5ucqvx6 )

> True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the > phantasmagoria

wow, i guess you really told me, i just thought i'd try and answer seen as nobody else was anywhere to be seen as was the case for my post about tomato problems.
since joining this site the other day i've noticed people only want to say something helpful when they want to impose some sort of intellectual superiority upon some other party.
anyway, i didn't say he/she should eat them. i'll leave you obnoxious and cantankerous old drabs to stroke your swollen egos as long as you're happy you've got 1 up on somebody.
this'll probably get removed or something, i don't care. Good day, unhelpful berks.
--
godkingross