USA EPDM roofing sources?

I'm looking to purchase EPDM membrane for a DIY job, preferably self- adhesive. I see lots of companies in the UK selling the supplies, but haven't found anything in the US yet (I want to see a price list for different sizes and thicknesses, order over the internet, etc).

Is anyone aware of any suppliers that sell to the DIY market? Ideally I need a 30' x 30' white faced membrane.

Thank you, Keith

Reply to
Keith

I've never heard of self-adhearing EPDM, only the glue down. There's a lot of sellers on Ebay selling it. I'm also not sure you can even get it 30' wide without a splice. A piece that size is going to be quite heavy so shipping might be a little pricy. I'd try the yellow pages first, most large roofing suppliers carry it.

Reply to
rustyjames

I'd agree with rustyjames, never heard of self adhesive. Seems like that would be a nightmare to get it down without it sticking to itself. Around here, you can get 40 mil or 60 mil in 10 or 20 foot wide rolls. Here in the Midwest, Menards carries EPDM. Never heard of white, but then I learn something new every day.

Reply to
marson

In my area, there are several supply houses that would sell to a homeowner, but I would just go to Menards. A self adhesive sheet that was 30' x 30' would be impossible for a pro to put down, not a prayer for a DIY'r.

There used to be a product called "Hypsam" that was a self adhesive product that came in 3' wide rolls and was applied in overlapping rows, but I think it has been discontinued.

EPDM can be tricky as a DIY project. The old joke is that "there are two types of flat roofs - those that are leaking now and those that will leak". If you do find what you are looking for you should do lots of research into all the techniques for installing it properly.

I have used these products with good success lately:

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake