OSB3 - End grain sealer and EPDM

Replaced my garage roof recently with OSB3 and epdm.

It rained before I got the epdm on so I covered it with a black plastic sheet. Unfortunately it was s**te quality so some water got through and ponded on about 6 square feet and it has made the chunks of timber swell, so now I have a few lumpy bits.

Before putting up the OSB I 'sealed' the edges with end grain sealer, but this is water based so I think it made the edges swell slightly before it had dried - bloody pain. Doean't anyone do a solvent end-grain sealer now ?.

There was a time when OSB3 for outside boarding-up had red or green edges because it was edge-sealed by the manufacturer. They don't seem to bother to do this now. Would car spray primer be effective ?.

The EPDM clearly has cunning joints that are flat, so they don't affect the runoff. This seems to be the main difference from the pond-liner stuff where the joints are overlapped and obviously lumpy, so could prevent runoff on a very low-fall roof.

The water-based adhesive looks and smells like copydex but I notice that it never dries on a metal surface. I used a 12 inch steel ruler to wipe the lip of the tin when pouring into the paint tray but forgot to clean the ruler. Now I can pick it up just by putting my open hand on the ruler, it it so tacky.

The plastic edge trims are pre-slotted for the poly pins but this could mean nailing horizontally into the OSB end grain. Does it have the strength to hold a 65 mm poly pin without de-laminating ?.

Reply to
Andrew