Glue for EPDM strip to plywood.

I have some 12mm U section 2mm thick EPDM rubber channel which I want to glue to the edge of 12mm plywood for protection and buffering.

I see large tins of EPDM roofing adhesive, but I don't really want that much. What will work? Silicone doesn't and neither does 'No more! Nails!' or 'No! More nails!'

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

good old glue-sniffers evostik ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks, is that the 'Multi-Purpose Impact' adhesive? I did wonder if it had been changed because I don't remember it being called that in olden days of yore.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I'm not sure you will want an impact adhesive (or to be using it in that way) as that's designed for you to apply a coat of adhesive on both surfaces, allow to dry and then bring them together, where they glue_on_impact. Not sure that's what you would want when trying to put an edging on a board.

Even this stuff that looks quite industrial and will glue 'rubber' to wood, doesn't work with EPDM (according to the Q&A):

I think this sort of stuff is suitable for EPDM though and available in smaller sizes:

Or this possibly?:

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thanks for that, trickier than I'd thought.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

yes now known as impact, or contact adhesive.

you can either coat both sides and let dry, then bring them together for an impact fix, or you can coat one side,don't let it dry, and bring them together, re-positionable then *clamp* for a slower fix.

I've got some offcuts of EPDM in the garage, will try gluing some this evening ...

Reply to
Andy Burns