LEED'S

In the real world one might not believe in 'green design' and by pass it but it is clearly becoming a requirement. I work with URS Corp in Seattle, we do a lot of work on local, state and federal government projects of which they are requiring the projects to be of sustainable design. They are requiring that members of the design team to have LEEDs Certification. Of course, it may not be required from smaller clientele but you will find it from larger corporations and government clients. It is required for architecture, landscape architecture, mechanical, electrical and structural components. It is mostly an environment thing saving money on the performance and life of the building/structure. It will increase construction cost and design cost due to the intensive requirements for a 'green building'.

Chuck... __________________________________________________--____ Charles I. Dinsmore, PE SE RA ~ chuck snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Chuck

I haven't made up my mind. I am really getting introduced to all the requirements some of which I think are good and others I think are extreme. Initially it takes too much time in design and coordination with other disciplines and not enough budget allotted to complete. There are enough design requirements ( IBC 2003 etc. ) that have to be considered first and foremost.