Have any of you tried this product?

A friend sent me this link. Anyone heard of this stuff?

get rid of thrips: Garden and Floral Insect Control is a quick, safe, and effective way to get rid of thrips.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

I haven't used that particular product, but the primary active ingredient is pyrethrin. You can find any number of products containing pyrethrin or sythetic pyrethroids at your local garden center. It's a fairly effective insecticide--contact only, no systemic action--but because of its very specific mode of action, insect populations develop resistance quite readily. If you use pyrethrin frequently, it would be best to alternate another insecticide.

Nick

Reply to
myrmecodia

Thanks for the response, Nick. I was wondering about the effects of the addition of DE in this product.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

Interesting. I never did any research into DE. When we lived in Fort Lauderdale, we used it for pool filtration.

Casper the Wonder Cat will not appreciate eating this, LOL! You know cats - "What have *they* done to my *food*?!? I must retrain my slaves at the earliest convenience!".

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga