Sandply, any experience with it?

I was at the Borg yesterday and saw some plywood called Sandply. It looked like it might be good for making shop fixtures. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Saw if for the first time locally (BORG) a couple of days ago, myself ... they also called it ARC plywood on the sticker? The good side was sanded nicely and was similar to birch. It apparently comes from plantation grown trees and was damn cheap ... $28 for a 4 X 8 sheet.

The 3/4" stuff I saw had seven plys and the top veneer was either so thin you couldn't see it from the side, or thicker than what you normally see at HD or Lowe's. It was in the flooring section here.

I would also be interested in hearing more about it for shop stuff. DAGS didn't offer much.

Reply to
Swingman

I just finished a cherry desk with a veneered top. The substrate for the top is 3/4" Sandeply. Great stuff to work with. I'll let you know in a few years if it holds up.

Reply to
Montyhp